Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments - and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here:  www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2022.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure The Lead Engineer will lead all activities associated with Manufacturing Engineering and Factory automation. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team of 4~5 engineers with varying levels of experience. This role is expected to develop the team to implement strategical Digitalization and Automation initiatives and support team members to achieve performance targets. This position will report to the Factory Manager.
- Implementation of Digitalization and Automation initiatives for Factory. Lead and drive technical innovations in manufacturing processes and methodologies.
- Leverage the internal and external resources to execute the projects effectively.
- Communicates project status, participate in preparing and presenting business cases, functional plans and objectives.
- Leads manufacturing engineering team including hiring, mentoring, and skills development.
- Participates in Annual and quarterly Supply Chain & Manufacturing Hoshin Kanri strategic planning and execution activities.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent related experience.
- 2-3 years Manufacturing Engineering experience, preferably 1-2 years in a related supervisory / managerial role.
- 1-2 years of experience in digitalization and automation related projects.
- Strong understanding of technologies and processes supporting Manufacturing operations.
- Excellent planning, delegation, and time management (prioritization) skills required.
- Strong team player and familiar with working in large matrix organizations.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.