Siemens Mobility Rail Division has an immediate opening for an expert in Electrical Integration Engineer / Designer at their Sacramento, California Facility. The candidate will have the ability to support the design and production of our Locomotives, Coach Cars and Light Rail trains. We are looking for professionals with the drive to work in the high paced rail industry to build new and innovative designs for our future vehicles.
In this role, you will assist the Engineering Department personnel to ensure accurate execution of the design, compliance with industry standards and customer specifications. Requires the ability to support production, revise design, improve and build sophisticated circuits. Must be detail oriented and take ownership of projects. Must be able to work independently on projects to troubleshoot technical issues with minimal supervision.Responsibilities:
- Execute (individually or as member of an engineering team) customized production orders under minimum supervision, using industry standards and best engineering practices.
- Provide redline support to production, edit and revise submittals with Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) such as SAP®. This includes the design of new components, modification of ELCAD (electrical CAD) circuits and Bill Of Material (BOM)’s, and incorporate field or customer-based changes.
- Prepare and release schematics using Elcad including connector BOM’s
- The ability to perform components selection using components catalogs such as circuit breakers, cables, terminals, off the-shelves components with their associated characteristics.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 1 or more years of similar work experience (preferred)
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering with 5 or more years of similar work experience
- ELCAD 7.7.0 or higher or equivalent with 1 year of experience (completed coursework can be considered as experience). Will consider other Electrical CAD programs but the applicant will need to show examples of relatable experience and willingness and ability to learn ELCAD. Electrical circuit design experience and willingness to use Elcad is essential.
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Circuit design
- Electro-mechanical integration
- Experience crafting and editing bill of materials
- Releasing parts and BOM’s using Engineering Change Order (ECO)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, collaborating with factory workers
- Experience with voltage class separation and mechanical protection of wires and cables
- Experience with communicating with suppliers and customers, internal and external
- Crafting work instructions
- Creating and communicating designs for internal and external design reviews
- SAP® Experience (ECN, ECO, and ECR (engineering changes steps) process)
- Rolling Stock experience is a plus
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Solve the world's most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives passionate about access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
This job is based in Sacramento, CA. Siemens offers a variety of health and wellness benefits to employees. Details regarding our benefits can be found here: https://www.benefitsquickstart.com/siemens/index.html. The base salary range for this position in Sacramento, CA is $84,150 - $140,250.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.