Let's make the difference together!Meet the team – Video
Siemens Process Systems Engineering (SPSE), part of Siemens Digital Industries, is the leading provider of Advanced Process Modelling software, services and solutions to the process industries. We help our customers to develop and operate sustainable processes by applying digital twins based on our gPROMS platform technology. This enables them to explore the process decision space rapidly, reduce uncertainty and risk and make better, faster and safer design and operating decisions through deeper understanding of their processes.
Currently employing about 280+ employees worldwide, SPSE has a well-established reputation for thought leadership and technology innovation, achieved through substantial R&D spanning more than two decades. Following its recent acquisition by Siemens, the company is now embarking on a major further expansion of its products and related business development activities.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence, flexibility and the opportunity to contribute to generating new ideas. We foster a teamwork culture with great opportunities for personal and professional development to grow your career.Please visit https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/automation/industry-software/gproms-digital-process-design-and-operations.html
About the role
The role is to lead our larger multi-disciplinary projects alongside a technical lead, working with resources from the general consulting group; specialist practices within the Company (e.g. Energy Systems, Production Systems, Process Safety, Catalytic Reactors, Polymerisation, Fuel cells) as well as other groups such as software development, systems integration and potentially outsourced service providers and sub-contractors. This will involve project costing, project planning and project management, both internally within the team and with sub-contractors and externally with key clients. Projects can be large scale, have extensive timelines and be complex in design. You will also be encouraged to lead the introduction and take-up of best practice processes for all aspects of project management.
You should be technically skilled, a good negotiator and able to independently lead projects. You must be confident in developing project plans and process and change management. You will need to have good communication skills, be assertive when required and enjoy working closely with highly dedicated and qualified technical teams.Area of responsibility
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams, including software engineers & modelling consultants to deliver projects focused on the digitalisation & optimisation of process operations within an online, data driven, turnkey solution:
o Coordinate internal resources for the detailed execution of projects
o Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope, within budget while meeting quality standards
o Ensure alignment to project scope and objectives, involving all relevant partners and ensuring technical feasibility
o Ensure resource availability and allocation to projects
o Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
o Lead changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
o Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
o Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all partners
o Perform risk management to minimise project risks
o Ensure comprehensive project documentation is created and maintained
- Host/facilitate project meetings with internal & external stakeholders to ensure alignment and transparency at all stages of a project
- Ensure clients are satisfied with the Company’s deliverables
- Maintaining project management tools such action trackers, risk registers and change control requests.
- Lead project management for proposals including costing, scoping, and planning
- Implement and continuously improve the common/standard project methodology for delivering digital applications in a collaborative manner with customers to ensure that all project resources are utilised effectively.
- Promote team-centric working in a rewarding environment where everyone is supporting each other to achieve personal, and professional goals and those of the company.
- Working experience in project management in the technology or engineering sector
- A solid technical background (Bachelors degree at minimum), preferably in chemical engineering, process engineering and/or process control & optimisation
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good knowledge of the project life cycle phases (functional/detailed design, implementation & FAT, installation & commissioning, SAT/handover)
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Ability to work independently
Working at Siemens means great work life balance and flexibility – whether that is full time in the office, hybrid or fully remote. We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We look for the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality and provide all the comfort and benefits employees need to achieve those goals.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.#disw
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Process Systems Engineering Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time