Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as an EHS Waste Technician
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an EHS Waste Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Manage the Site’s Hazardous and Biological Waste programs, including:
- RCRA (resource conservation and recovery act) Main and Satellite Area Waste pickups and inspections
- Coordination of waste shipments
- Evaluate incoming waste, consolidating into compatible waste streams per RCRA and DNREC requirements.
- Preparing waste for shipment to meet DOT requirements
- Bulk solvent waste pour-off (respirator use required – full facepiece with cartridge)
- Manage waste manifest tracking and compliance for the site
- Ensure all central accumulation and satellite accumulation areas are within compliance of site, RCRA and DNREC standards
- Member of on-site HAZWOPER / Spill Response team (respirator use as needed)
- Lead Compliance Assessments of EHS-related topics on an annual basis
- Support the site’s EHS Management System by assisting with site-based targets and projects
- Comply and enforce all environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist with EHS Management System programs and processes.
- Assist with sustainability initiatives such as waste, water or energy minimization
- Conduct various trainings for all employees.
- Member of on-site Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain department supply inventory.
- Advise employees regarding compliance topics or EHS matters.
- Assist Operations and Facilities groups with EHS related concerns.
- Perform other EHS duties as needed.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
- Required certifications: RCRA, DOT, HAZWOPER (24-hour minimum),
- First Aid/CPR/AED.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and
- BS Degree in the Sciences and/or a degree in an EHS related field.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and recordkeeping skills.
- Approachable personality, willingness to help people, and confident to intervene/provide feedback to employees regarding safe behaviors.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven good work ethic.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.