Data analytics and environmental protection are two hot topics of our today’s world. How does a combination of both sound to you? Climate change and environmental protection have become mega trends of this century. In view of corresponding risks and opportunities, many governments are currently establishing new policy frameworks for a sustainable future economy as part of global Green Deals and global governmental Action Plans. These policies need to be translated into data and KPIs, they need to be tracked, reported and analyzed to make progress visible and identify improvement areas. If you are an experience data analyst and interested in using your skills to push Siemens’ environmental protection or if you are an environmental protection expert with excellent knowledge in data analytics, a career in Corporate Environmental Protection could be the ideal fit for you.
What part will you play?
- You will lead company-wide data projects to implement new data sources and KPIs into Siemens’ environmental reporting
- You will conduct pilot studies and produce show cases for the improvement of our data management and analytics by using data science methods and tools
- You are responsible for the preparation of presentation and information for the Management Board as well as the Supervisory Board
- You will align with internal stakeholders on Senior Management level to implement ETL processes and new analytical methods
- You will be responsible for the external reporting of environmental protection topics in Ratings & Rankings
- You will develop and present new methods for data integration, aggregation and analytics
- You will be responsible for the continuous improvement of environmental data availability and analysis from internal and external sources
- You will track potential and necessary improvement areas in our KPIs by analyzing and evaluating Siemens’ reporting results towards legal requirements, stakeholder requests and trends
- You successfully completed your master’s degree in mathematics, physics, chemistry, environmental sciences, technical engineering, data analytics & statistics, or another field with strong statistical background, preferably with a background of practical environmental protection
- You have longterm operational experience in data analytics and of professional experience in leading international and complex projects
- Additionally, you have longtermn professional experience in intercultural cooperation
- You are experienced in presenting and communicating pilot studies and show cases on senior management level
- You distinguish yourself by excellent knowledge in descriptive and predictive statistical methods and hands on experience in statistical programming languages such as R or Python
- You can provide advanced language skills in English, German is a plus
- Therefore, you are characterized by good communication and presentation skills
- You have strong Excel skills, and profound knowledge in defining ETL processes and data bases
- Knowledge of environmental standards, policies and laws as well as business processes is a plus
- Experience in visualizing and analyzing data with Geoinformation systems is also a plus
- 2 to 3 days of mobile working per week as a global standard
- Attractive remuneration package
- Development opportunities for both personal and professional growth
- 30 leave days and a variety of flexible working models that allow time off for yourself and your family
- Share matching programs to become a shareholder of Siemens AG
- Find more benefits here
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
Organization: People & Organization
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time