Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Fire Service business nationwide.
This individual would lead Fire Service business development activities for the Enterprise Zone by uncovering and developing sales opportunities through relationships with end users and facility management companies. This role will report directly to the Zone Sales Manager and is a home office-based position.
Working with sales resources throughout the country, this individual is expected to generate and manage a large number of highly qualified opportunities for Siemens Smart Infrastructure fire services. At the direction of this individual, assigned area resources will handle technical and proposal responsibilities while this individual focuses on developing and establishing strong ongoing relationships with key stakeholders, contracting personnel, and owners. This individual shall be an expert on Siemens existing contracting vehicles and strategies and shall work to favorably position Siemens Smart Infrastructure for new fire service business.
- Drive programmatic Engagement at a high level within the accounts to drive service agreement growth for Siemens and
- Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume
- Develop projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference
- Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage
- Supports Area and Zone sales management with strategic planning and forecasting
- Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services
- Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval ratings and to create outstanding customer value
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Required travel: 50%
- General Computer skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates an expert knowledge of Fire Services
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for sponsorship
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
Job Family Responsibilities:
Develops / builds / cultivates long-term relationships with key management within the customer organization. Assists management in devising sales plans and strategies. May lead team reviews and updates of account plan based on changing market, customer conditions, and competitive activity.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.