Siemens Mobility inspires the world to move forward more intelligently and sustainably. We’re engineering AI driven, IoT empowered transportation, giving people more freedom and the planet a greener future. And, we’re inspiring the world of work to be more progressive – leading by example in how we support our colleagues in innovating, learning and living.
At Siemens, we’ve introduced the #newnormal where we’re encouraged to work flexibly. It’s all yours to decide what you’re going to achieve, where and how – unlocking your full potential with our unconditional support. Because, as our colleagues will tell you, if there’s anything Siemens is as forward-thinking about as technology, it’s your wellbeing. It’s being agile, understanding you and giving you all you need to thrive.
Siemens Mobility Limited are recruiting for a Project Manager within the Metros, High Speed and Onboard portfolio. This role will report into a Senior Project Manager and will provide project management to key projects within the portfolio.
What are my responsibilities?
- Safe delivery of the projects, to the current ‘as sold’ specification meeting the specific project objectives within agreed timescales and budget delivering the maximum margin, whilst ensuring that the Business Management System is applied throughout the project lifecycle
- Be the visible Safety Leader for the project and champion of safety and wellbeing
- Ensure that effective Safety and Environmental management of the projects has been implemented and is being maintained
- Develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with the Client and wider stakeholders throughout specific project lifecycles
- Manage the internal interfaces including the wider RI / Siemens Mobility
- Establish, monitor and control work packages and maintain a positive collaborative approach
- Ensure project governance is robustly maintained through compliance with PM@Siemens, gateways, robust project reviews and reporting. Ensure that Project Management Plans are in place and being updated to reflect the dynamics of the project through its lifecycle. This will detail the project implementation procedures in line with the Business Management System and the as Project Execution strategy
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Assurance throughout the Project Lifecycle through effective implementation of the Siemens Quality Assurance process
- Ensuring that the necessary inputs and outputs between the functions (Client and Siemens) are fully understood and detailed and delivered in accordance with the baseline programme
- Monitor progress against specific project programme and budget, identifying and mitigating diverse trends through effective corrective management action
- Monitor project progress and its status throughout project lifecycles ensuring timely and
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/HND qualified
- Project / business management experience, ideally within a rail environment
- Experience delivering projects through the full project life cycle
- Experience managing and integrating multidisciplinary projects
- Experience managing Project Control function covering Planning, Estimating, Financial Control and commercial management disciplines
- Excellent communication skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Does creating the ways a new world moves sound like it requires your skills? How about ensuring we do it with net-zero emissions by 2050? Discover a engineering career combining innovation, sustainability and a rare opportunity to shape society at scale.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time