We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance – following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
As a Software Engineer – Model Management you will develop, implement, and perform complex technical assignments related to advanced Power Systems software applications specifically by developing User Interface for Energy Mgmt. & Energy Market software systems.
The position requires effective development and maintenance of software related to the model management interface for SCADA systems used by utilities to manage the grid. The position is in support of delivering commercial projects delivered on schedule and within budget, to meet customer requirements, and to ensure customer satisfaction. This position will work with multiple different teams across multiple functional areas.It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Promote and demonstrate best practices and software development processes including development of new code and maintenance of existing code
- Write documents for new project tasks, such as Design notes, testing procedures, etc.
- Provide effort estimates to Project Manager/Project Engineer for new project tasks
- Support sales during the bid procedures
- Support After Sales and SLA with customer support
- Support test and continuous integration activities
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Software Engineering, Project Deployment and R&D solutions
- Experience with the following languages: C/C++, Java, Python
- Experience with XML, UML, PL/SQL, and Qt framework
- Experience with Common Information Model (CIM) data format
- Experience with source code control using Git
- Experience with agile methodologies like Scrum
- Experience with testing and test automation is a plus
- Experience with one of the following: SCADA systems, mission critical systems or Network Grid Control Centers software
- Platforms: Windows and Linux
- Fluent English language skills
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.