Siemens Mobility provides efficient and coordinated transportation of people and goods by rail – including rolling stock, rail automation, rail electrification, and service. We craft and manufacture across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. Cities and Railroads also rely on us to provide traction-power substations and electricity transmission, as well as signaling and control technology for freight and passenger rail and transit systems.Overview:
Siemens Mobility, Inc. Rolling Stock is seeking a professional Senior Commercial Project Manager with a solid track record of leading international sophisticated projects to work in our Sacramento, CA facility.
The Senior Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of a Passenger Coach project circa $500+M in value and durations from 5-8 years. You will be responsible for commercial project execution during phases including planning, design, procurement, manufacturing, commissioning, and customer acceptance. Duties include collaborating closely with operational departments to ensure Order Income Calculation is achieved, while meeting goals for customer happiness, cost, schedule and quality. Another key role is to be fulfilling the role of World Project Controller to ensure financial compliance across the project and subprojects. The Senior Commercial Project Manager is the supporting function to the Project Manager for all aspects of the project. This position reports to the Director, FBA, Passenger Coaches/Trainsets.Responsibilities:
- Profit & loss for assigned projects.
- Proactively handle changes in project scope, identify potential problems, and devise contingency plans from a cost perspective.
- Supervise and control project scope, schedule, budget, risks and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and customers.
- Support PM with development and delivery of monthly project reports, customer progress reports, customer change proposals, and presentations to management and internal / external customers.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Support with identifying and resolving issues/conflicts within the project team.
- Support customer sales channel activities
- Required education: College diploma or equivalent experience required. PMI Certification.
- Required experience: 5+ years of successful Project Management experience in sophisticated projects.
- Some travel is required
- Excellent commercial, oral and written communication skills; must be able to demonstrate presentation skills.
- Preferred education: Bachelor degree in accounting/finance.
- Preferred past experience: demonstrated ability related to the rolling stock industry is helpful.
- Other preferences:
- Experience in controlling and accounting, contracts and claims experience with rail vehicle commercial project management preferred.
Why Siemens Mobility?
- Siemens Mobility is # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
- Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
- Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
- Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
- Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
- Office Life: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.