Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Area Sales Director, Structural Heart/ICE responsible for managing 4D Volume ICE ultrasound sales, leading a group of Structural Heart/ICE Territory Managers and Field Clinical Specialists.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The Area Sales Director, Structural Heart/ICE (AD) is responsible for managing 4D Volume ICE ultrasound sales within a defined geographical area, by directing, coordinating and leading a group of Structural Heart/ICE Territory Managers (TMs) as well as Field Clinical Specialists (FCS) and their activities to meet established order and revenue objectives, while achieving outstanding clinical case and patient outcomes.
This role reports to the VP of Sales – Cardiovascular and will typically manage a team of 7-10 direct reports.
This position assesses the Ultrasound/ ICE Catheter strategic position in the Area as well as develops and executes a strategic plan to grow 4D Volume ICE Catheter sales in the Area. The AD manages the TMs in the Area to achieve their targets by ensuring that they cover their accounts, build an adequate funnel to achieve their goals, are excellent in customer relationships, sales, presentation, negotiations and closing skills and experience. The AD is also responsible for deal escalation process and deal proposals including pricing and portfolio strategy, local contract negotiations, as well as GPO relationships/contracts within their Zone. Additional responsibilities include continuous business and sales updates and discussion with the VP of Sales. The AD originates and guides implementation of territory business action plans and strategy for continuous sales performance improvement. The AD works synergistically with VP of Sales, TMs, and FCSs to manage customer relationships and secure long term customer retention.
This person will be directly involved with the Ultrasound Leadership team working on process improvement projects such as order to booking process overhaul, customer contracting revisions, pricing and rebate contract creation, HCP contract process revision, KOL/SAB program creation, KOL relationship management, strategy for growth in both personnel and geographic expansion for 4D Volume ICE catheter sales.
The AD manages and develops personnel, monitors TM and FCS professional developmental needs, establishes and monitors individual performance plans. Additionally, the AD assists in the creation of product competency materials and helps formulate associated assessment criteria. This role will also perform other duties as assigned.
- Achieve 4D Volume ICE Ultrasound catheter sales targets for the Area (orders and revenue)
- Manage a sales team of Territory Sales Managers and Field Clinical Specialists
- Develop and maintain close relationships with important accounts in assigned zone(s). Assist in the development of Key Opinion Leaders.
- Identify customer purchasing changes, market trends, and business implications in the Area for 4D ICE catheter Ultrasound Business.
- Develop Area Sales Plan in conjunction with VP Sales, TM’s and FCS’s to achieve sales targets.
- Support the 4D Volume ICE catheter Ultrasound sales process in assigned zone(s).
- Manages deal escalation process and pricing strategy.
- Assess TMs and FCSs technical/professional developmental needs and implements development plans.
- Develop, train and coach Territory Managers and Field Clinical Specialists.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through timely follow up on all issues and works closely with VP Sales, President and GM, Account Executives, Service and Clinical Support Specialists, VP of Marketing, R&D, Product Managers and support staff to coordinate all necessary resources to assist in the customer support effort.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years of documented sales and sales management success and experience in medical device sales.
- 3 to 5+ years’ experience in sales management, driving quota and mentoring a team.
- Ultrasound and/or catheter/Structural Heart device experience.
- Strong business acumen, analytical and strategic thinking required.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Superior communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at many levels within the organization.
- Ability to thrive as a member of a collaborative, cross-functional team.
- Relentless customer focus.
- Excellent organizational skills with capacity to manage cross functional initiatives.
- Able to effectively manage and resolve conflict.
- Must be willing and able to travel 50% or more as required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record over the last three years.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Strong experience interacting with KOL’s, C-suite, Administrators, luminary customers in a hospital setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (MBA) preferred.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the medtech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://jobs.siemens-info.com/jobs
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.