Quality Assurance Engineer and Environmental Protection Officer
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the ne-xt generation.
At Siemens Building Products Americas, we care about our people and advancing the eco-efficiency of our operations. We have an exciting new opportunity for someone who is passionate about people and the environment – someone who wants to make an impact to transform the everyday!
The Opportunity –
Reporting to the Building Products Americas Head of Quality and EHS, you will support R&D to ensure that development activities and outcomes comply with all relevant regulations and quality standards. You will work collaboratively with the global business unit team and other stakeholders to align on Agile topics and guide multiple cross-functional teams to achieve and adopt best practices of Agile methodology. You will also act as the Environmental Protection Officer for our Parsippany location to ensure we comply with all environmental federal, state, and local regulations and with ISO 9001 and 14001 standards.
What You Will Do –
- Determine the robustness of design reviews, design verification, and the completeness of designs released to manufacturing; lead teams in applying DFMEAs and PFMEAs
- Conduct evaluations, including design of experiments and reliability studies, when necessary, to verify that products and/or processes comply with the requirements of applicable specifications - such as design, marketing, test, and quality system requirements
- Monitor trends and apply statistical methods to contribute to the implementation of continuous improvement programs
- Investigate in-house and field non-conformances for root causes, request corrective actions and prevent reoccurrence where appropriate from the responsible functions or departments, and represent the QA department on project and other cross-functional teams as assigned
- Support in the tracking and resolution of customer escalations as necessary
- Guide Agile teams and support their Agile journey: work with cross-functional teams to achieve higher levels of agility and drive adoption of best-practices of the agile methodology
- Coach teams through Agile ceremonies, including Iteration Planning, Daily Standup, Backlog Refinement, Iteration Demo, Retrospective, and PI Planning - transitioning responsibility to the teams over time
- Coordinate internal and external ISO audits and ensure compliance with ISO 14001 and 9001
- Track environmentally related federal, state, and local regulatory changes known to or that may impact operations; coordinate business response and/or comments to regulatory changes
- Interface with regulatory agencies, employees, and outside legal counsel on behalf of business when required; gather environmental data and submit reports
- Work in concert with the training department on relevant training programs; this may include content development and training facilitation
- Ensure the implementation of existing environmental programs including but not limited to: RCRA, CWA, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.
- Support the sustainability program of the location
What You Will Bring –
- You will have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering and directly related work experience
- You will have professional work experience of at least 10 years which must include:
- Experience an industrial manufacturing environment or related field
- Implementation and auditing of ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015 standards
- Experience in Agile Hardware and Software development and SAFe development Framework
- Detailed understanding of Quality Management principles, compliance, and problem-solving techniques (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, APQP)
- Experience with product related environmental topics such as sustainability, recyclability, cradle-to-grave analysis, while maintaining compliance with Product Regulatory Approvals (UL, CSA, FM, etc.)
- Leading environmental programs
- You must demonstrate that:
- You have a solid understanding of product development processes, agile, and environmental regulations
- You can effectively collaborate and lead cross-functional teams
- You can work in a matrixed organization and communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- You have sound judgment and can influence change
If this resonates with you, we invite you to join our team!
Are you Ready to Transform the Everyday?
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.