We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Today the energy world is changing to become carbon neutral. Distributed Energy Resources are growing 7-fold and by the end of this decade decentralized power generation will catch up with conventional generation. Utility companies realize that yesterday’s solutions are not going to provide the answers to tomorrow’s challenges. As they shape the future of their IT/OT systems and they realize that they need agile thinking and an IT focus on their operations to provide energy reliably, efficiently, and cyber secure. This is the opportunity that we are leveraging.
As a market leader in Grid Software and Consulting incl, meter data management, grid control and simulation, Siemens is in a prime position to accelerate and secure the energy transition by supporting grid operators and industry and infrastructure players to master the challenge of distributed energy resources in the smartest way.Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
We're growing fast, and searching for a dynamic, ambitious and talented Segment Controller. A self-motivated thinker and doer who can contribute to an international and cross-country located organization.
At Siemens Grid Software we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Leads the GridSW Software Segment controlling function, secure alignment with the GridSW strategy for all commercial aspects including but not limited to Budget development, forecast, quoting, order acquisition etc.
- Monitor and drive financial goals and objectives related to software business segment. Clear understanding of forecast deviations to forecast and budget.
- Preparation of Annual business plan including main KPIs and clear path for success together technical counterparts.
- Cost controlling and negotiations with Global business heads.
- Be a team player, improve License revenue, SaaS Revenue, and multiyear contract revenue.
- Experience in contract negotiations, support actively pricing strategy .
- Partner with Sales, consulting head and technical heads to ensure successful implementation of long term, Mid-term and main KPIs business goals.
- Ensure productivity achievement and drive additional project pipeline for productivity.
- Drive LoA process for bids and proposal for financial and commercial standpoint, pricing strategy long term projects etc.
- Risk and opportunities assessment for Software business segment.
- P&L and balance sheet responsibility at segment level.
- Mentor and people management experience. Coach, lead and develop direct reports.
- Improve Free Cash flow position. Clear understating of Free cash flow forecasting.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance/Accounting. MBA preferred
- Experience with Software business.
- Project management experience CPM and revenue recognition
- Experience on driving a strategy.
- Typically, 10+ years of experience in the finance / accounting area on similar level.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial statements.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, esp. Excel and Power Point. Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience on Data and data analytics tools.
- Excellent ownership, communication, and interpersonal skills - strong collaboration mindset.
- Visionary with the ability to analyze company data to influence business decisions to support the business performance.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible & proactive mindset.
- Willingness to learn & develop.
- 25% travel might be required.
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.