- Leads financial forecasting, budgeting and reporting activities. Forecasting and reporting are monthly processes, while budgeting is an annual process.
- Leads financial analysis regarding trends, financial structure, asset, cash and liabilities, etc.
- Monitors key performance indicators and business performance, performing key role in creating regular reports to management.
- Partners with managers in the group you are supporting in understanding the financial impact of business decisions.
- Identifies opportunities for cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and/or automation
- Builds strong relationships within finance and other corporate functions.
- Carries out a range of operational tasks and project work in the area of expertise as assigned by superior.
- In-depth knowledge of finance and reporting practices, tools and procedures. Uses that knowledge to recognize areas for simplification, standardization, and/or automation/digitization.
- Calculates and interprets financial and non-financial metrics within area of responsibility. Interprets drivers of performance variances, and identifies significant items requiring the attention of senior management.
- Advanced understanding of accounting and external reporting concepts and terminology.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of forecasting and budgeting processes. Able to compare planned and actual budgets, identify and report on variances.
- Experienced with a variety of modeling techniques. Analyzes scenarios and derives suggestions for new business models. Has participated in financial decisions based on financial models.
- In-depth knowledge of existing audit and control policies and practices. Complies with laws and regulations in one's own area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with stakeholders across departmental boundaries to achieve beneficial working relationships with positive outcomes. Well respected and able to influence key individuals inside and outside own group. Welcomed as member on a variety of teams.
- Creates enthusiasm and sets direction in groups. Remains professional and able to maintain an open dialogue even in difficult situations. Controls own emotional responses and reactions.
- Demonstrates respect, inclusion and collaboration of different thinking, backgrounds, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all organizational levels and dimensions. Demonstrates a willingness to examine own biases, assumptions and attitudes. Participates in work groups consisting of diverse backgrounds, experiences, talents and points of view.
- Proactively anticipates and prevents problems. Identifies existing problems, applies problem solving methods, analyzes multiple potential solutions, their risks and benefits.
- Responds to changing demands and priorities. Quickly identifies potential conflicts that impact current delivery commitments. Works with others to re-prioritize work and reschedule delivery dates as necessary.
- Anticipates the impact of change, plans for it. Rises to new challenges and changes in the environment. Deals comfortably with ambiguity, uncertainty and different situations.
- Able to lead and/or drive change within immediate work group.
- Defines best visualization approach and solutions for specific business cases to convey insights in a clear manner.
- Provides in-depth expertise for at least one or two business intelligence and analytic tools and advises and coaches others.
- Exercises sound data stewardship by complying with all data policies and documenting procedures followed.
- Understands the general requirements in terms of data quality and quantity to build reliable statistical models.
- Understands and able to effectively articulate the strategic direction of the business. Uses understanding to anticipate operational needs and requirements.
- Participates in teams applying project management tools and techniques. Monitors own progress and identifies obstacles and takes corrective action.
- Challenges status quo; advises on change management; participates in the planning and implementation of change initiatives.
- Understands and is able to effectively articulate the strategy and major initiatives of the business. Conducts advanced data analyses and independently draws structured logical conclusions.
- Able to independently draft concise presentations around complex topics. Demonstrates confidence/mastery of the subject. Adapts style for different or diverse audiences.
- Has basic understanding of programming and low code languages.
- Develops basic understanding of project management on small/medium complexity acquisitions and integrations and due diligence report out.
- Develops a fundamental understanding of the application landscape and the interrelationships between the various financial modules and systems, including the data flow through the systems.
- Bachelors in finance, accounting, or business required.
- Masters degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred.
- 8+ years relevant work experience required.
- Hyperion, Essbase/Smartview, SAP and Business Objects experience a plus.
- Siemens hybrid working environment with mix of normal office environment and working from home.
- Minimal travel possible.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.