Do you want to work in engineering at Siemens?
Here at Siemens we build a better world using digital skills to create greener energy, ground breaking software and ingenious inventions.
We are recruiting highly motivated candidates to join our Power Technology Consulting Graduate Apprenticeship Scheme who want to make a difference and develop their skills in Systems Consulting and our Power Technologies International (PTI) business.
PTI is the think tank of Siemens Smart Infrastructure and provides thought leadership to our customers on long term development planning, energy strategies, smart energy systems, digitalisation & IoT consultancy and business model innovation to cope with energy transition and digital transformation. We help to shape the market with intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. We address the pressing challenges of urbanisation and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings, and industries through digital technologies.
Part of being an apprentice at Siemens means you get to work on real life projects whilst also being supported on a guided learning journey. This will be a 3 year apprenticeship where you will complete the Level 7 Post Graduate Engineer Apprenticeship Standard.
Here is how the programme works:
- Following your off-site induction week you will immediately begin integrating into the Siemens community. Based within the PTI business you will embark on a broad range of tasks supporting various projects. The role is based in our UK offices or home based with travel across the UK.
- You will attend University on a day / block release basis to complete your Masters Degree qualification as part of your apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will continue to learn and develop your competences in areas such as:
- Helping our customers to solve complex energy and sustainability related challenges - creating and identifying opportunities and novel business models of the future.
- Developing energy transition strategies, undertake smart energy system planning and concept design.
- Undertake feasibility studies of smart infrastructure, EV infrastructure framework, smart grid and distributed energy projects to identify business cases for customers.
- Undertake audits to develop energy efficiency programmes and net zero carbon pathways for industries, campuses, ports, hospitals and mixed use developments.
- Management and delivery of power system planning and protection studies using mathematical models to assess reliability of electrical networks.
- Assess customer's business requirements and application objectives and develop application designs in products to meet their needs.
- Application and analysis of study results applied to basic system design and equipment specification.
- Develop and maintain external customer relationships. Conduct periodic status checks to assess progress against plan.
- You will also complete your work based project (to complete your Masters Degree) and undertake your apprenticeship End Point Assessment in your final year.
Your learning will be supported throughout your programme by Siemens mentors and by one of our university partners who will be the apprenticeship provider.
We are looking for forward-thinking, innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:1 or above Honours Degree in an Engineering related discipline.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the Graduate Development Programme will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitalisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for forward-thinking teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Siemens. Think this is you? Apply now.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and create what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time