System development Engineer
Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development site located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven is expanding its business and looking for new talents to join.
Join our team now as a system developer in a multidisciplinary environment dedicated to the development of novel point-of-care medical diagnostics systems. Key elements of the system include the handheld measurement instrument, its embedded software and service software suite, microfluidic disposables, and bio-chemical reagents for the specific applications. Your focus will be on integration and complex problem solving tasks. You help to co-define and co-design the total system, especially for critical building blocks and at the interfaces between the various disciplines. Most of the development team is located in Eindhoven, but you will also be collaborating with team members at locations in the US, and across Europe.
• Development of system-level solutions, i.e. analysis of complex systems to develop design solutions meeting the requirements.
• Work in multidisciplinary team on various parts of the system, applying a structured approach to address critical issues in the overall product design
• Analysis large data sets based on advanced processing
• Concise and accurate reporting of relevant results to support the generation of the design history file.
• Technical leadership for dedicated technical sub-projects to improve or extend the system.
• Be the subject-matter expert on the system for technical guidance and knowledge transfer
• Contribute to long-term development roadmaps based on system knowledge and a sound understanding of technology and market trends.
We are looking for
• MSc or PhD degree in Applied Physics, Biomedical technology, or similar.
• 3+ years of industrial experience in product development, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
• Ability to solve complex problems by creating structure, identifying potential solutions and investigating these in a self-disciplined manner.
• Strong analytical skills, experience in statistical data analysis and/or modelling preferred
• Experience with Matlab or Python (or similar)
• Ability to communicate results clearly and concisely in written and spoken form in cross-boundary environments.
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams in an independent manner and taking the lead on system-related subjects.
• A diverse position within a multinational company
• Working in multidisciplinary teams towards meaningful innovation
• Room for own initiatives
• Flexibility in working hours
• Attractive primary and secondary benefits
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.