Senior Process Development EngineerNow’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development department is expanding its business and is looking for new talents to strengthen our R&D dependance at our production site in Mishawaka.
Join us now at Siemens Healthineers as Senior Process Development Engineer to work together with our multidisciplinary teams developing point-of-care medical diagnostics solutions. As Process and equipment development team we are developing and optimizing the production process for disposable cartridges for us in our handheld blood analysis device that enables near patient blood testing in the acute care setting. The production process has been developed within the Research and development department and has recently been transferred to our production site. In the role of Senior Process Development Engineer in Mishawaka you will closely collaborate with our R&D site in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. This collaboration will involve regular visits to the Eindhoven site, including a visit of 2-3 months at the start.
• Development of in depth knowledge on the entire production process for disposable cartridges and related intermediate products with focus on wet chemical processes
• Serve as a liaison between the Research and Development Program and the Manufacturing organization in Mishawaka. Ensure effective communication across functions on a global basis
• Active support of transfer of new products/processes from R&D to manufacturing
• Provide key input in yield improvement programs
• Set up tooling for automated analysis of production data
• Follow new developments in manufacturing technologies (e.g. low volume liquid dispensing)
We are looking for:
• MSc or PhD degree in Chemical engineering or equivalent .
• At least 10+ years of experience in industry, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
• Knowledgeable on DIDOV and DMAIC methodologies on green-belt or black belt level
• Self-motivated and disciplined to get the job done.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
• Team-player with excellent communication and technical skills in multi-disciplinary environments.
• Availability for regular intercontinental travelling.
• Pro-active attitude with a can-do mentality.
• A diverse position within a multinational company
• Working in multidisciplinary teams towards meaningful innovation
• Room for own initiatives
• Attractive primary and secondary benefits
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.