Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Director of Global Ventures and Business Development to collaborate closely with the Siemens Healthineers businesses and the Head of Ventures and Business Development to develop a robust pipeline of inorganic opportunities.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Global Ventures and Business Development Professional, you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the businesses to define and manage the inorganic pipeline
- Assessing and prioritizing the fields of strategic relevance
- Identifying, evaluating, and executing venture capital investment opportunities
- Supporting the businesses through the capital approval process by ensuring highest levels of quality and providing value-added strategic evaluation and insights
- Consolidating and prioritizing opportunities across the portfolio
- Tracking and maintaining the pipeline
- Staying abreast of the market to provide timely, value-added insight
This position may suit you best if you have:
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated proficiency in Excel, data analytics and Power Point
- High level of intellectual curiosity and the ability to create insight in new domains
- Strong organizational and project management skills and are resourceful in marshalling resources to get things done
- Demonstrated cross-organizational leadership ability to deliver results and to get the best out of people
- Experience communicating effectively with multiple levels of the organization including top management
- Have high energy and thrive in an environment of individual accountability for team success
Requirements for success in this role:
- You have an advanced degree in Finance or an MBA from an international business school or equivalent experience
- You have 7-10 years’ work experience
- You have extensive work experience evaluating investment opportunities and negotiating transactions
- You have a strong understanding of the healthcare landscape and experience in markets relevant to the Siemens Healthineers businesses
- You have prior work experience in Consulting, Corporate Development, M&A or Venture Capital
- You are fluent in English (Written, Oral, Negotiations); knowledge of German is a plus
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
The pay range for this position in Tarrytown, NY is $200K - $210K annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The annual incentive target is 15% of base pay. Siemens Healthineers offers a variety of health and wellness benefits including paid time off and holiday pay. Details regarding the benefits can be found at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers/employee-benefits
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.