Position Title: Plant Controller
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Join our Smart Infrastructure (SI) team as our Plant Controller to help us provide valuable and outstanding business services to our customers! The successful candidate will be responsible for managing financial transparency and accuracy, internal controls, reporting, analysis, planning, forecasting, monitoring, and adherence to KPI’s, commercial partner to plant management and manage a team of financial analysts of the EP US Breaker Plant, Grand Prairie TX.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities. Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? Apply now.
- Work as a partner with the Plant Manager to drive strategic measures, KPI’s, financial results, and financial transparency
- Directs the accounting and financial functions to ensure achievement of goals and objectives as well as compliance with company policies and processes.
- Provides expert analysis and evaluations on financial, accounting, cost and trend reports in order to improve the results of the organization.
- Directs the development and achievement of short and long term/strategic financial goals and objectives for the business.
- Directs the organization regarding financial and accounting functions as well as other business segments and recommends improvements in methods, procedures, and content of accounting output to increase profitability.
- Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Creates/defines new systems, programs or products with significant business impact.
Develops and manages departmental budgets and business plans.
- Has full latitude to create and conceptualize policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact; Analyzes effectiveness of policies/products and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs or products that affect company as a whole; Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
- Identifies resource needs with complete authority to approve identified needs.
- Acts as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves extremely complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Approves organizational structures and supervisory relationships.
Responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
- Guides ongoing comparison of objectives and their achievement, drives consistent steering actions to maximize performance, especially profitability.
- Ensures risk and opportunity management, identifies risks and opportunities, defines and implements appropriate measures to optimize business results.
- Ensures adherence of all internal and external financial and reporting rules, "Finance & Controlling" policies, "Finance & Controlling" procedures, quality standards and international audit requirements.
- Support the procurement and logistics strategy implementation and governance of related operational processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years of successful experience in a Controller role with a medium to large size manufacturing organization, progressively growing their responsibilities aiding to the success of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Extensive SAP as well as MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) experience.
- Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures for area managed and expert knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
- Strong Knowledge of Tableau, Knime/Alteryx, Snowflake
- Demonstrates advance understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate personnel toward achievement of a common goal.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to interact with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand and manage the dynamics of a complex organization.
- Multiple function, worldwide inter-organizational, and external contacts.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary.
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and Flexible PTO.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.