DoD SkillBridge Internship – Building Automation Systems (BAS) Specialist – Northeast USA - Greater Boston Area
This opportunity is unique to active-duty US Military Service members with formal approval to participate as a SkillBridge Intern in collaboration with Vets2PM's authorized DoD SkillBridge program.
Desired Military Experience, Backgrounds and/or Aptitude:
Civil Engineering (HVAC & Electrician)
Automation/Integration Technicians & Specialists
Fire Control Navaids
Submarine Electronics/Computer Techs
Avionics Systems & more!
About our Smart Buildings:
Because we spend 90% of our lives in buildings, they should be perfect places for all we do. Smart buildings enhance the experience. Interacting with people, systems, and ambient elements, they learn from experience and real-time input. Using intelligent control, security, and energy management systems, we help factories and offices better support the industries they house. We help schools, hospitals, data centers, and military bases have a great impact – all while increasing comfort, efficiency, resilience, and safety. Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim is not just about improving buildings; it’s about creating perfect places that improve peoples’ lives.
What Building Automation Systems (BAS) Specialists do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
BAS Specialists are the people that install new equipment, run start-up, and commission systems in our customers’ HVAC/Building Automation systems in large commercial buildings such as hospitals, universities, and military bases. Why is this so important? The BAS Specialist is the face of Siemens, and your expertise and regular interaction with the customer will help them save energy, money, and create a more sustainable future for our environment.
- This internship assignment is for Building Automation; HVAC Controls, Lighting Controls, and/or Mechanical/Electrical Services
- Meet with the customers and install new equipment; commissioning if needed
- Consult with our internal engineering and management team for discrepancies in our drawings or as problems arise
- Interface with the customers: complete the service work documentation, assist them with training instructions needed for future ease-of-use, and (most importantly) recommend system enhancements providing a value-added partner relationship
- U.S. Military experience as an E4 or above (Navy, Air Force, Army, Marines, Coast Guard, Space Force, National Guard, Reserves)
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Electro-mechanical aptitude/knowledge/skills
- Knowledge of Building Automation Controls, Fire/Life Safety or Integrated Security systems with an emphasis on Building Automation Controls.
- Computer and software skills
- Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project experience preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States
- Must be 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license with limited violations
- You must be able to read/understand design and construction documents; work in a variety of environments in and around mechanical equipment, including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment, working in ducts, above ceilings, and in outside/inside/heat/cold/day/night conditions; use hand tools, laptop, email, smartphone, and tablet; carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted
This position may support Siemens’ customers who require all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Why work for Siemens as a SkillBridge Intern?
You will gain hands-on experience during your internship and will have the opportunity to join (upon successful completion of the internship) one of the world's largest and best-known companies as acknowledged in 2022 by:
Fortune: World's Most Admired Companies
Forbes: America's Best Large Employers, America's Best Employers for Diversity, and Best Employers for New Graduates
Fast Company: Most Innovative Companies and World Changing Ideas Awards
Corporate Equality Index: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
We offer our full-time employees (post-SkillBridge) an excellent benefits/compensation package, growth/learning/development opportunities, and a diverse/inclusive culture where everyone plays their part and makes an impact for our team and our customers.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.