Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We are looking for an “Automation Specialist (Process Automation - Digitalisation)” to join our process automation support team – someone to put the “Digital” into the analog world of Process Control!
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team delivering innovative technical solutions, business growth, and customer satisfaction. The role will suit a highly motivated individual, who works equally well on their own or within a dynamic team environment. You will have a passion for technology, a thirst to learn, and be able to deliver a complex message in an enthusiastic and impactful way.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Developing & delivering presentations & demonstrations supporting our process automation and digitalisation solutions, conveying capability and technical solution feasibility in support of the Siemens sales teams.
- Understanding how Industry 4.0 can benefit GB & I Processing Industries and how Siemens products fit
- Complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project requirements.
- Understanding customer requirements and delivering cost effective solutions, based on both on-premise and cloud based technologies
- Utilising the latest Digital Marketing tools & channels to deliver impactful customer insight
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Applicants should be qualified to HNC, HND or degree level (or equivalent) in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or a relevant discipline.
- A good understanding of Siemens process automation portfolio
- A good knowledge of SIMIT for Process Simulation
- An understanding of the Process Digital Solution ecosystem and how this enables the Digital Enterprise
- A team player with the ability to work effectively under time pressure.
- Able to use various media to communicate clearly to differing levels of the DMU
While formal training and coaching will be provided, self-learning and knowledge reinforcement will be an important part of the job due to the fast-moving nature of the technologies you will be working with.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension, and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful, and engaging culture. We also appreciate that training and development is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment that invests in our employee’s career growth, whether that’s Chartership, training, or mentoring.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool - you can read more about our commitment to diversity by clicking here
We also welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. See our flexibility culture here
We have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion-focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time