Scientist Assay Development
Our Point of Care Diagnostics Research & Development department is expanding its business and is looking for new talents in a hybrid function working closely with colleagues located on the High Tech Campus in Eindhoven, The Netherlands and the production site in Mishawaka, IN, US – this function can be based in either location.
Join us now at Siemens Healthineers as Scientist Assay Development to work together with our multidisciplinary teams developing point-of-care medical diagnostics solutions. As Assay Development team we are developing and optimizing assays for disposable cartridges for use in our handheld blood analysis device that enables near patient blood testing in the acute care setting. Assays are being developed within the Research and Development department and the first assay has recently been transferred to our production site. In the role of Scientist Assay Development Engineer in you will be based in one of the two sites (Mishawaka, IN, US or Eindhoven, NL) and involve visits to the other site.
• Apply data processing, analysis and visualization skills to support assay development and root cause investigations
• Perform experiments to develop assays on disposable cartridges and related intermediate products
• Apply analytical problem-solving skills to reagent and system integration issues to identify critical performance factors for assay development
• Support continuous improvement programs to optimize efficiency and minimize variation
• Report technical progress in lab journals
• Serve as a liaison between the Research and Development Program and the Quality Control and Manufacturing organization in Mishawaka.
• Active support of transfer of new assays from R&D to manufacturing
• Identify and report technical risks, progress and deviations
We are looking for
• BSc, preferably MSc degree in Biochemistry/Biophysical/Technology Engineering/Applied sciences/Bioinformatics or equivalent.
• At least 3 years of experience in Assay development or Data processing, preferably in In-Vitro Diagnostics or Medical Device industry.
• Self-motivated and disciplined to get the job done.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken form.
• Team-player with good communication and technical skills in multi-disciplinary environments.
• Ability for regular intercontinental travelling.
• Pro-active attitude with a can-do mentality.
• Operate flexibly in an environment with competing priorities
• A multi-faceted position within a leading company in the industry
• Working in international, multidisciplinary teams towards meaningful innovation
• Room for own initiative and development
• Attractive primary and secondary benefits
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.