We’ve got ideas to improve the way people travel. Can you help us bring them to life? Join us as a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Advisor in Crawley.
In this role, you will help champion, facilitate, and support the effective and proportionate management of health, safety and environmental risk in the Rolling Stock business. You will act as an expert adviser and a critical friend to staff and management, and collaborate with colleagues in the Health, Safety, Environment and Wellbeing function to ensure legal compliance and to deliver continual improvement in pursuit of excellence.
This is your role
- Provide advice on legislation, policies, procedures and best practice in relation to health, safety and environmental protection
- Undertake assurance activity and support development of critical metric data
- Coordinate delivery of company and local plans for continual improvement in health, safety and environmental performance
- Support effective risk management and the ongoing development of risk control strategies to enable business activities
- Take part in incident investigation, evaluation and follow up to support continual improvement
- Attend and contribute to operational and functional meetings to provide advice and support on HSEW matters
- Work with external parties, including contractors, customers and regulators to provide advice and support on HSEW matters
- Support contractor selection as required
- Champion, support and advise on risk management in every area of the business
- Support development of risk assessments and working instructions
- Monitor implementation of agreed risk control measures and provide coaching and advice to support best practice
- Identify and action areas for improvement
- Liaise with the HSEW function to support consistency in risk management approaches across the business
- Actively demonstrate commitment and adherence to the Siemens zero harm principles and 4 steps process
- Actively participate in activity in pursuit of sustainability and environmental protection
- Develop and deliver briefings and guidance material and support development of a positive culture
- Coordinate and oversee the site induction process
What qualifications and experience will you need
- Relevant professional qualifications, minimum Level 3 qualification in health and safety, environment, sustainability, or quality management
- Qualification in environmental awareness
- Qualification in Internal Audit
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation such as reports, strategies, operational procedures
- Excellent understanding of health, safety and environment processes, standards, and improvement techniques
- Experience of using a range of tools and techniques to drive continual improvement
- Level 5 or 6 qualification in health and safety
- Level 3 or above qualification in environmental protection
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Chartered membership of an appropriate professional body
- Previous professional experience in a Railway / Engineering / Construction environment
- In-depth understanding of CDM and its application in a railway environment
- Experience of implementing ISO Certified Management Systems
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time