Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as Quality Control Senior Scientist to support a newly established reagent manufacturing system within an Immunoassay product line.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Quality Control Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Performing routine to complex tests and analyses according to established procedures.
- Performing release activities and inputs associated data into SAP.
- Performing complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes and investigating possible application of results.
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex problems.
- Completing a wide variety of complex technical assignments.
- Obtaining, correlating, and analyzing technical information needed to accomplish complex tasks.
- Performing mid to complex analysis of raw data to determine experimental results and learns and implements best practices for data analysis.
- Completing the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and other documents and advises senior staff.
- Reviewing and approving related inputs such as complex drawings and specifications prepared by technical support personnel.
· Planning with support mid-complex to highly complex experiments, including planning reagents and consumables required.
· May lead meetings when assigned to continue projects- either for scheduling, troubleshooting, or status collection.
· Leading development of assay parameters (test methods) for use on analytical instrumentation.
· Participating in Design Control activities: Verification and Validations, testing and documentation- from Design Change documentation to authoring protocols and reports with some support as required.
· Working collaboratively in a cross-functional team of Engineers, Manufacturing and Scientists from multiple groups.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
· Experience working with analytical instrumentation, reagent systems, including testing repetitively.
· Experience planning experiments with multiple variables – may have been DOE. This includes identifying all factors and determining replicates needed for statistical significance.
· Experience identifying and troubleshooting process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions.
· Thorough understanding of 21 CFR Part 820 regulations and ISO 13485 standard requirements, and all other MDSAP country regulations for medical device or pharmaceutical operations.
· Experience performing data analysis as well as formal report writing.
· Experience creating and modifying testing protocols and supporting documents.
· Familiar with statistical analysis tools.
· Familiar with working in SAP.
· Able to work independently and manage tasks assigned on schedule.
· Strong scientific, communication and organizational skills are a must.
· Should be comfortable with handling bio-hazardous materials.
required may be 0-20% depending on Project.
Required skills to have for the success of this role:
· B.A. or B.S. Degree in biology or biochemistry with over 6 years of industry experience. Masters with 4 years industry experience. PhD with 2 years industry experience.
· Experience with multiple reagent kits for immunoassay-based technologies; cardiac based assay experience preferred.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.