Create a better tomorrow with us.
We are looking for a for a highly skilled and motivated Software Architect to build our next custom solutions for FIN framework software. You will be hired with a permanent contract in Italy, as a member of our EMEA Professional Services you will craft high performance and scalable platform extensions and features which will adapt our current FIN Framework to the personal needs of our OEM’s and customers
Siemens is a focused technology company, groundbreaking intelligent solutions that transform the every day in manufacturing, grids, buildings, and transportation. Our technology addresses real problems that affect the future of humanity.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible? Do you want to be empowered to build solutions that have an impact on daily life?
Siemens is your place to thrive. At Siemens, you will find the trust and freedom to excel. Let’s grow together, to improve how people live, work, make and move. Because creating a world that we are proud to hand to the next generation is more than a job – it’s the opportunity of a lifetime.
Talk to us about the development journey you would like to undertake, join Siemens to grow and to build a better real and digital future.Your Challenge
- Participate in customer meetings and workshops for design the architecture and powerful software solutions
- Design and contribute developing platform extensions & custom features using Fantom (https://fantom.org/) & Java
- Architect and implement efficient and reusable front-end and back-end systems that drive sophisticated web applications
- Design restful services using TypeScript
- Provide technical guidance to team members and collaborate with product managers and software engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Participate in code reviews and design discussion with other developers and software architects
- Investigate issues and derive root cause and correction and understand BAS terms, concepts, and usability.
- You will be the contact person for technical inquiries about the design and development of solution concepts and architectures along with the creation of design specifications for the customers
You should already have good experience in designing sophisticated software architectures, together with:
- Knowledge in server side OO languages like Java or c#.
- Experience in development using Fantom (https://fantom.org/) and in building services using TypeScript, is a great plus.
- Experience developing modular user interfaces, and familiarity with modern CSS frameworks, tools, and workflow
- Demonstrable understanding of the full web technology stack
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Worked on software projects that used agile methodologies.
- Superb communication skills, fluent with design diagrams and great documentation skills.
- BA/BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience or proven interest in IoT/Building Automation/ HVAC is a plus.
- Excellent English knowledge, both verbal and written.
- Standout colleague, able to collaborate n networks across businesses and functions;
- Ability to work in a changing environment
- Being a role model for openness and inclusiveness as a non-negotiable cultural element
- Eligibility to work in Italy
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Flexible Welfare programs and health insurance can be extended to your family;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone;
- Innovative tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Contacts
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time