Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as a Biochemist I for the Technical Operations to support the manufacture of immunochemistry diagnostic tests for the cardiac market for early detection of heart attacks.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist I for
Technical Operations, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting with root-cause analysis and conducting customer complaint investigations.
- Supporting reagent manufacturing process trending for the VTLi product line.
- Participating in validation and verification activities to ensure project completion within expected parameters and time frame.
- Conducting experiments to identify process issues related to undesirable reagent manufacturing performance, and helping to identify resolutions for those issues.
- Conducting, analyzing, and documenting experiments necessary to improve manufacturing process capability and reduce costs associated with immunoassay reagent production.
- Working with Product Support technical leaders to collect and analyze reagent and instrument performance data necessary for product/process improvements; customer complaint and problem investigations; and Marketing/Global Service and Support use.
- Designing experiments, executing test protocols, and analyzing/interpreting their results.
- Applying principals of lean manufacturing and supporting continuous improvement activities to meet quality, cost and supply requirements.
- Communicating clearly with colleagues and providing well-written, coherent progress updates, validation documentation, study protocols, and technical reports.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Executing lab experiments and validation testing.
- Conducting customer complaint investigations.
- Supporting trend analysis for routine production.
- Participating in root-cause analysis efforts for manufacturing problems.
- Helping to identify and implement process and/or /equipment improvements.
- Planning and executing lab studies and preparing bench-scale solutions.
- Preparing, analyzing, and presenting data for review and summarizing results in a technical report.
- Complying with ISO and FDA requirements for the medical device industry.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Preferred Bachelors in Biochemistry; will consider degree in other science with a concentration in Biochemistry or Chemistry.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience, preferably in a medical device or related industry
· Experience performing immunoassays or other diagnostic tests or analysis.
· Basic knowledge in protein chemistry.
· Some experience in root cause analysis and resolution of manufacturing issues.
· Working knowledge of basic statistics necessary to develop sampling plans and analyze data.
· Able to prepare and fully understand data analysis reports and testing protocols; able to utilize data collection applications in a laboratory setting.
· Must be well versed in Office Applications, especially Excel and Word.
· Very organized, detail-oriented
· Highly self-motivated
· Able to work independently
· Good analytical, communication, writing, and problem-solving skills
· Effective and influential in his/her interactions in team-based assignments
· Able to work well with personnel from different departments, and experience levels
· Demonstrates good laboratory practices
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.