The Electrification and Automation (EA) Business Unit offers the full range of energy distribution systems and solutions for all markets and through all sales channels. We provide reliable power distribution grids of today while investing into our Future Grids portfolio and applications to create the power distribution grid of the future.
The EA Business Unit in Wendell, North Carolina, which is its U.S. headquarters, focuses on electric-vehicle charging, photovoltaic inverters, medium-voltage power distribution equipment including packaging and services, and solutions, including automation. Additionally, assembly of electric-vehicle chargers, low-voltage motor control centers, and retrofit and replacement circuit breakers occurs at the facility.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, The Production Manger will lead the production activities for a Siemens medium-voltage power distribution production / manufacturing line in Wendell, NC.
- The production manager will manage the production activities, managing and reporting operational KPI’s, and overseeing operational improvements.
- The Production Manager will drive 5S initiatives across each manufacturing line and will have a Strong focus on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Inventory Control
- Lead, plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day production operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Drive 5S initiatives across each manufacturing line
- Drive on Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery
- Plan and direct needed investments to improve productivity and provide production capacity consistent with sales volume objectives and support manufacturing strategy
- Eliminate wastes, improve cycle times, reduce thru-put times in production
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Process optimizations, procedures and instruction updates in alignment with the Technical Department
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Develop new leaders, and increase employee’s competency level
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with all employee representative levels
- Drive inventory optimization
- Manage production order tasks in Salesforce.com
- Insure accurate manufacturing hours in SAP production bill of materials
- Drive an ownership culture where all employees feel they are an integral part of the business
- Participate actively during audits and customer visits
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree, typically within Business Management, Operations, Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or working knowledge of a manufacturing facility
- Desire to work in a manufacturing facility
- Have a growth mindset
- Managerial understanding of the critical success factors in a Manufacturing/Operations environment
- Strong process mindset demonstrated in process improvement role. Lean manufacturing experience
- Result and solution oriented and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated effective communication skills at all levels in the organization
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Strong team building and people management skills
- Ability to make smart decisions independently
- Collaborating well with key functions like Engineering, Scheduling, Purchasing, Logistics, Quality, Finance, and other functions
- Ability to prioritize and to work under pressure
- Knowledge of MS Office; SAP, Salesforce.com
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so, we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision, and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.