Central Commercial job description
We are currently recruiting for a Commercial Officer to join our team based in Manchester, reporting directly to the Commercial Team Leader. This position will sit within the Central Commercial Team of Siemens supporting our Digital Industries division. The Commercial Team is a central function which is responsible for supporting the sales business units in relation to any Operational, Finance and Commercial processes. This is a fantastic opportunity where the role holder will work in close co-operation with the wider commercial team.
What are my responsibilities?
- Administration of Purchase Ledger for Business Areas, Sales, Distribution, Digital Sales, Business Excellence, Operations and Logistics (clearance of workflow, parked/blocked invoice reports, correcting posting errors)
- Recovery of money from suppliers resulting from invoice overcharges, goods not received, short deliveries and duplicate invoices.
- Recovery of credit from suppliers and raising of credits to customers for returned goods
- Accurate control, monitoring and clearance of invoice queries and rebates
- Close liaison with other departments and relationship building with customers
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes to maximize the departments deliverables to the Business Units supported.
- Sales area maintenance
- Pricing and discount maintenance using the DIOS system
- Month end – closing activities
- Credit Management – Selecting correct accounts, opening up new accounts, using tools
What do I need to qualify for this job?
The post holder should have experience within the following areas
- Have knowledge & experience in a similar role
- Be a team player
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Organise time and workload effectively and methodically
- Be PC literate (Microsoft Office)
- Previous experience of SAP would be advantageous
- Be able to communicate at all levels
Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to deal with confidential information. This is a demanding position, which currently involves high volumes of workload and has significant impact on improving asset management.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time