As EHS Manager you are expected to offer expert knowledge and skills in order to effectively manage, generate and promote a positive EHS culture within the business.
Within this operational EHS manager role, you will help drive continual improvement in an established EHS management system. You will work with an exciting, ever-growing and evolving part of Siemens, Digital Industries, encompassing Factory Automation, Process Automation, Motion Control and Customer Services.
Working with a functional line, and project managers the role will provide the necessary support and guidance in health, safety and environmental requirements, thus ensuring compliance at all times with both company and statutory EHS requirements. This role will help provide value-add EHS support to enable the business to function both internally and externally.
This role will be based predominantly on our site in Didsbury, Manchester. At Siemens we have a forward-thinking flexible working policy, which enables employees to flexibly; in this operational role, you will be required to be on-site x3 days a week. You will be required to travel to customer sites and other Siemens sites around the UK.
Reporting to the Finance Director/EHS Business Partner you will have, but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Drive operational EHS management across the business unit.
- Maintaining the EHS management systems ensuring continued certification.
- Support management in developing, delivering and implementing the EHS strategy.
- Continuous development of reporting metrics, targets and KPIs, both leading and lagging, for management review and response.
- Development of robust EHS plans, risk assessments and safe work procedures
- Assist in the development of EHS plans for future bids and proposals
- Review current operational risk assessments and safe working procedures and practice to ensure suitability and that they are and remain “fit for purpose”
- Undertake regular site inspections and compliance audits across the business portfolio (both planned or unplanned) to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to
- Undertake the appropriate level of investigation for any accident/incident / dangerous occurrence that takes place to identify the root cause and recommend the most effective corrective actions to be put in place to prevent a recurrence
- Provide the appropriate level of EHS input and attendance as required at departmental meetings (internal and external)
- Act as a guide/facilitator during external audits
- Development and delivery of EHS training, toolbox talks and safety bulletins
Qualifications / Experience
- Hold a recognised qualification in health, safety, or environmental management
- Membership with a recognised professional body (IOSH, IIRSM, IEMA)
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of current Occupational Health, Safety and Environment legislation and requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO 45001 and iso 14001.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining EHS management systems.
- Experience in developing and implementing a cultural change program within a large/diverse organisation
- Internal auditing experience (ISO 45001 / ISO 14001)
- Ability to work flexible working hours with a degree of travel, to support business requirements
- Effectiveness in dealing with personnel at all levels
- Familiarity with the automation and motion control industry will be beneficial.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Full / Part time: Full-time