Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities, and levels of automation to drive innovation!
The Fluids and Thermal Division, and the Systems Division are innovative groups, producing world-class simulation software for thermal and fluid analysis using Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD). We have developed an enviable reputation in the market developing innovative products that deliver targeted solutions to our customers’ needs.
Using our software and consulting services, customers accelerate and optimise their designs by predicting the behaviour of proposed models before building physical prototypes. Our software are used by mainstream design engineers, not just by analysis specialists, and are based around the following lines of businesses:
- Thermo-fluid system design (used in Automotive, Aerospace, Power & Process industries)
- General purpose CAD-embedded CFD (used in a wide variety of fluid flow applications)
- Electronics Cooling (including Heat sinks, PCBs)
- Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning (HVAC)
- Energy and Utilities
- CFD/CAE Testing (Nottingham/Teddington)
- CFD/Research/Mathematical modelling, Software Eng. and Testing (Towcester)
You will work as part of a team that meets daily, ensuring that help is always on hand when needed. Through the teamwork, you will learn about the Agile management methodologies that are employed in the development of our products and will gain a good understanding of a wide range of skills associated with Software Engineering.
CFD/Software Eng. and Testing (Towcester)
Simcenter Flomaster is a system simulation CFD software developed in Towcester, and you will be part of the Development/Quality Assurance teams. You will get the opportunity to develop your skills on software engineering by adding new features and improving existing features coupled with writing automated tests in Simcenter Flomaster.
While working primarily on Simcenter Flomaster, you may also get exposure to learn other engineering software such as Simcenter FLOEFD, Simcenter Amesim, Simcenter 3D and MATLAB. Depending on the role, you may develop interesting CFD models and produce validation studies demonstrating the capabilities of the software.
CFD/CAE Testing (Nottingham/Teddington)
The Simcenter Flotherm suite of products are developed in Nottingham and Teddingtion, and you will be part of the Quality Assurance team responsible for testing the software. In these roles you will be working on different CFD products such as Simcenter Flotherm and Simcenter Flotherm XT. You may also work with other products e.g. Simcenter FLOEFD. You will learn how to apply CFD to solve real engineering issues by working alongside our domain experts. Some of the roles involve Test Automation, scripting, and running performance tests and you may also get involved in helping to create product training and marketing material.
- Students should be studying at a UK university for a degree in Engineering/Physics/Maths/Computer Science.
- The engineering fields relevant to all our placements are: Mechanical Eng., Aerospace Eng., Aeronautical Eng., Automotive Eng., Chemical Eng. Candidates from the following fields can also apply if they have done computing/programming courses (like Matlab): General Eng., Systems Eng., Civil Eng., Robotics, Materials.
- For Nottingham/Teddington roles the ability to use CAD or similar software is an advantage.
- For Towcester roles, an interest in programming is required, and any programming experience is valued.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work well and collaborate in a team, but also able to work independently when required.
- All the roles require self-learning. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, have desire to learn new technologies, like problem solving and have ability to think analytically.
- Being on track for a First or 2:1 in your respective degree program.
Note: Candidates must provide a cover letter along with their CV for applying to this role
Past Intern's Experience/Feedback from previous interns
We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Full / Part time: Full-time