At Siemens Mobility we live and nurture an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We apply lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. Our product offerings include light rail vehicles, electric locomotives, diesel-electric locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trains. Core manufacturing processes include extensive car-shell welding activities, bogie fabrication and assembly, electrical subassembly, finishing and paint, and final assembly.
Siemens is looking for a Financial Analyst to help support the procurement department with raw material index, cost analysis, savings and performance controlling and reporting.Duties
- Supervise and analyze actual cost and budget data to support Savings Reporting.
- Act as controller for all financial/savings KPI reporting.
- Identify relevant cost indexes used by Siemens and suppliers.
- Project market trends for raw material and analyze cost impacts for our current projects.
- Simulate and analyze different index and critical issue scenarios based on historical information, available market intelligence data and actual Purchasing data.
- Support contract negotiations and proposals with historical and future cost data to ensure most accurate
- Support the Project Procurement Managers in development and analysis of Costed Bills of Material, using historical data, parametric analysis, and current market trends
- Work with Commodity Managers and Procurement Management to identify the most meaningful cost drivers for material and the most urgent needs for analyst support
- Develop and maintain useable dashboards and references that support Commodity Managers and Procurement Management with useable information.
- Hybrid work, based in Sacramento, CA
- 3-5 years’ experience analyzing raw material and cost driver indexes in a manufacturing environment
- 3-5 years’ experience reporting costs versus budgets in a project environment.
- Skilled in digital tools, including MS Office, specifically Excel, Access
- Experience with dashboard and reporting tools like Tableau and Qlik, data analysis tools like Alteryx
- SAP experience a plus
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a phenomenal future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.