Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as an Engineering Technician.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world. As a leader in the industry, we aspire to create better outcomes and experiences for patients no matter where they live or what health issues they are facing. Our portfolio, spanning from in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics to image-guided therapy and innovative cancer care, is crucial for clinical decision-making and treatment pathways.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Engineering Technician you will be responsible for:
· Engineering Support of Design & Development Projects
- Perform engineering tests of components and assemblies
- Fabricates electronic / electro-mechanical test fixtures / assemblies with engineering supervision
- Fabricate prototype parts and circuits
- Assembles and tests prototype devices and systems.
- Assembles and tests prototype cables
- Investigates, analyzes, repairs, and documents component or system level failures.
- Sets up data equipment to capture test data.
- Sets up and executes pre-defined subsystem/system qualification protocols with supervision.
- Document test data and procedures
· Manage lab space
- Maintains onsite and off site storage locations accounting and materials handling
- Maintains engineering lab spaces including ESD equipment and compliance
- Keeps labs stocked, organized and clean at all times.
· Manage prototypes
- Maintains engineering development electromechanical systems
- Performs regular maintenance using established protocols and tools
- Diagnose and repair problems using appropriate instruments
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mechanical system and practices.
- Maintains appropriate licenses / training / certifications, as needed.
- Adheres to quality guidelines and follows personal protection guidelines and safety practices at all times.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- Demonstrates working understanding of electronic and electromechanical systems. Experience reading schematics, diagrams and layouts.
- Basic Soldering skills
- Experience fabricating and modifying components, fixtures, and devices
- Create simple electronic prototypes from a schematic
- Demonstrates working understanding of a variety of laboratory test equipment.
- Experience using lab test equipment- oscilloscopes, data loggers, power supplies DMM's
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to work in a team environment and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Able to give attention to details and utilize time management techniques
- Experience with root-cause analysis and failure analysis
- Experience writing and running test protocols (doing final test of equipment before it is sent to customer)
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- 5 yrs experience as an engineering technician (electrical or mechanical engineering technician preferred, but not required)
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology (ABET accredited preferred)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly and push/move equipment using hand truck dolly or Bishamon
- Ability to stand, kneel or bend for over 50% of the shift time
- Excellent written communication skills
Siemens Healthineers has recently announced the next steps in our continued commitment to prioritize colleague health, comply with customer/business partner requirements, and help preserve our business continuity. Going forward, please be aware that Siemens Healthineers requires full COVID-19 vaccination for all new hires by their start date, except where prohibited by state law. Accommodations may be requested for certain medical or religious reasons. If you choose to submit an accommodation request it should be submitted within 3 business days of receiving a verbal offer. Details on how to submit approval will be provided by your recruiter. An accommodation approval must be confirmed prior to your start date. A start date cannot be confirmed until the accommodation has been reviewed. An accommodation is based on your role. If you are a currently a Siemens Healthineers employee with an existing approved accommodation, it will need to be re-evaluated prior to starting a new role.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.