Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, high-rise commercial chemical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens we are committed to developing our employees. Whether it is product training, technical training for industry certifications, personal development, we want to provide our people with what they need to feel empowered and give them the ability to deliver the best for our customers. We are looking for driven people that want to keep Siemens as a Leader in the industry.
We are hiring Fire Alarm Site Installation Field Technicians to join our growing New Construction/Projects team in the Houston Metroplex! As a Fire Alarm Technician on the Projects Team, you will be responsible for the installation/expansion of Commercial Fire Alarm Systems for our customers. As a member of this growing team, your focus will be on some of the most prominent properties in Houston and the surrounding areas. You will help shape and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
- System Startup: panel terminations, programming of system, commissioning with AHJ
- Conducts acceptance testing at the conclusion of a new installation.
- Coordinates with assigned Project Manager and or other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned projects or customer systems.
- Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
- Returns overage of project equipment in a timely fashion.
- Monitor the work of Siemens subcontractors by walking project sites for the purpose of ensuring that they are meeting Siemens Standards and that the projects are satisfactorily completed to local /state/and Federal codes.
- Prepares written report for the purpose of documenting task completions, conveying information of other activities affecting assigned projects.
- Participates in On-Call assignments/ schedules as required.
- This position supports a Siemens customer who recommends all employees and vendors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 where permitted by applicable law and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Texas state Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in the installation of Fire Alarm Systems.
- NICET II Certification must be acquired within 24 months.
- Texas State Fire Alarm License
- Understanding of Ohm’s Law (Reading a Digital Meter)
- Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Good Computer Skills
- Ability to read and understand design drawings/blueprints
- Ability to lift seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
- Ability to climb up and down multiple height ladders (6’ -10’) on a regular basis
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
Participation in Vehicle Plan Requirements
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Associates Degree or Vocational Technical Training
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.