Imagine a company that combines the dynamic energy of a start-up and the backing of Siemens, a global powerhouse. A company where ideas, passion, and ingenuity are valued - and - vital to solve the next generation of smart building challenges and help customers achieve net carbon zero goals.
Enlighted is human-centered proptech company that creates positive transformation wherever space, people and work meet through our industry leading technology. We empower organizations with this technology to transform physical spaces into regenerative places that fuel positive impact for people, portfolio, and our planet.
Our team is constantly evolving to deliver exceptional value to customers worldwide and remain at the forefront of future-proofing building with our innovative solutions. If you are passionate about turning everyday spaces into extraordinary places – join us – and start making your impact today.
We are looking for all levels of Full Stack Engineers to help build the next generation of our smart building products. This is an opportunity to make difference by developing products that make offices, hospitals, factories and warehouse into energy efficient, interactive and efficient spaces in which to work. Come join our startup culture and participate firsthand in designing the future of workspaces.
We’re building flexible, extensible web and mobile apps that allow users to interact with the buildings they work in. You will be developing intuitive, attractive, and usable interfaces in cooperation with UI designers, and working closely with product management and customers to understand how products could be more effective. We’re looking for curious systems thinkers who can identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be part of a cutting edge cloud development team while improving the lives of people in buildings all over the world. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
• First and foremost, you love writing software. Your code is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant; your best days at work are in front of the computer cranking out code on your own, although you have the experience to know that a winning product requires an entire team.
• You are curious and passionate about knowing “why”, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
• You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
• Agile development is second-nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily ceremonies, planning sessions, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our process.
• You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
Your Skills and Experience
• You're obsessed with both the developer and the user experience to make the process of functional UI quick, easy, iterative and consistent
• You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
• 5+ years of professional experience developing customer-facing web and mobile applications
o Deep understanding of API Integrations (REST, WebSockets, GraphQL, etc)
o Deep understanding of Authentication and Authorization standards and techniques
o Experience with CSS Frameworks (Tailwind, Bootstrap, etc)
o Experience with design systems and tools
o Experience with efficient testing practices and tools
o Experience with CI/CD tools to publish code
o Understand key differences between fluid, responsive and adapative design techniques
o Knowledge of techniques for user experience testing and validation
Bonus Points For
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience designing and deploying dynamically scalable, highly available, fault tolerant and reliable cloud applications (AWS preferred)
• Experience with Hybrid App development
• Experience with GraphQL
• Experience with IaC (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc)
• Certifications with AWS Cloud Technologies
Our Benefits Include
• Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
• Competitive salaries
• Frequent team events (costumes optional)
• Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time