Imagine a company that combines the dynamic energy of a start-up and the
backing of Siemens, a global powerhouse. A company where ideas, passion, and
ingenuity are valued - and - vital to solve the next generation of smart
building challenges and help customers achieve net carbon zero goals.
Enlighted is human-centered proptech company that creates positive
transformation wherever space, people and work meet through our industry
leading technology. We empower organizations with this technology to transform
physical spaces into regenerative places that fuel positive impact for people,
portfolio, and our planet.
Our team is constantly evolving to deliver exceptional value to
customers worldwide and remain at the forefront of future-proofing building
with our innovative solutions. If you are passionate about turning everyday
spaces into extraordinary places – join us – and start making your impact
We are looking for a Dev Experience Engineer to help build the next generation of our smart building products. This is an opportunity to make difference by developing products that make offices, hospitals, factories and warehouse into energy efficient, interactive and efficient spaces in which to work.
We’re building flexible, extensible web and mobile apps that allow users to interact with the buildings they work in. You will be developing intuitive, attractive, and usable interfaces in cooperation with UI designers, and working closely with product management and customers to understand how products could be more effective. We’re looking for curious systems thinkers who can identify opportunities for system improvements that can enhance the operation of the entire end-to-end system. This is the ideal role for someone who wants to be part of a cutting edge cloud development team while improving the lives of people in buildings all over the world. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
• Problem-solving versatility and resourcefulness. There will be many new and unexpected problems, and we need someone who can do the required research/networking to propose well thought-out solutions.
• Strong customer-service orientation. Developer Experience Engineers work closely with developers to determine needs and scope solutions. We answer questions about our tooling with kindness and compassion. We help others understand the work we do and how they can benefit from using it. Experience with usability studies or other tools to discover the tools Engineers want or need to improve their productivity is a good bonus.
• Outstanding communication skills, verbal, written, and visual. We believe in excellent documentation, give frequent internal presentations, and help guide the organization on DevOps/SRE best practices. Documentation is a particularly important skill for the Developer Experience role.
• Sharp and critical eye for details. The ability to think holistically and also maintain focus on small intricate details is essential for the high-impact work Developer Experience does.
Your Skills and Experience
• Develop a vision for Developer Experience the WPC team. This is a new area of emphasis, so it presents an exciting opportunity to scope what a highly functional Developer Experience program looks like.
• Manage the local development toolchain to improve Engineer productivity from feature conception to the end of the Continuous Delivery process.
• Optimize the onboarding process for new Engineers to be quick and painless.
• Work closely with our Security and DevOps teams to ensure our practices comply with their needs.
• Identify opportunities for reducing developer friction and execute on them.
• Work across Engineering teams to enhance, document, and establish processes and generally improve development practices.
Bonus Points For
• An understanding of monorepo tooling and approaches. We use a monorepo, so prior experience with the unique tools and challenges that arise from that would be helpful.
• Familiarity with cloud-native architectures and IaC. We automate our infrastructure with Terraform and deploy AWS managed and/or serverless cloud.
Technologies We Use:, LaunchDarkly, Pendo
Our Benefits Include
• Market-leading software application centered on improving the workplace experience :)
• Competitive salaries
• Frequent team events (costumes optional)
• Independent start-up culture with the backing of a global corporate powerhouse, Siemens
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time