Imagine a company that combines the dynamic energy of a start-up and the
backing of Siemens, a global powerhouse. A company where ideas, passion, and
ingenuity are valued - and - vital to solve the next generation of smart
building challenges and help customers achieve net carbon zero goals.
Enlighted is human-centered proptech company that creates positive
transformation wherever space, people and work meet through our industry
leading technology. We empower organizations with this technology to transform
physical spaces into regenerative places that fuel positive impact for people,
portfolio, and our planet.
Our team is constantly evolving to deliver exceptional value to
customers worldwide and remain at the forefront of future-proofing building
with our innovative solutions. If you are passionate about turning everyday
spaces into extraordinary places – join us – and start making your impact
We are looking for -Principal Engineers to help build the next generation of our smart building products. This is an opportunity to make difference by developing products that make offices, hospitals, factories and warehouse into energy efficient, interactive and efficient spaces in which to work.
We value clean architecture and modern approaches to software development and testing. Our products consist of cloud-based micro-services and modern web and mobile applications. You will work closely with a tight, agile team that ships features continuously, and you will be able to see the impact of your work on real customers.
As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be working across teams to solve challenges around building scalable, extensible applications on both web and mobile. This role will have many of the characteristics of a technical lead, working closely alongside our back-end and platform teams to shape our UI strategy. You'll be part of the brain-trust that our engineering and product leadership will rely on to advise us on what's possible, what's sensible, and what's simple. In order to do that, you'll need to have technical depth; systems thinking; and communication skills to evaluate trade-offs around performance, cost, reliability, and scale. This is the ideal role for someone who's ready to move their career to the next level in terms of technical influence and scope of impact. Join us in Transforming the Everyday!
First and foremost, you love building great software that make your customers happy. You love elegant, well-structured user interfaces that are wonderful to use. Your teams write code that is comprehensible, well-structured, highly performant, and you are equally comfortable in front of the computer cranking out code on your own or mentoring your team to develop great code.
You are curious and passionate about knowing “why”, whether it is why a use case is important for a customer, or why something strange happens one time in a hundred tries.
You love both learning and teaching. In this role, you will be interfacing with design, front-end, back-end, platforms, analytics, as well as our PM and QA teams; towards that end, you enjoy working across teams to solve hard problems.
Agile development is second nature. Not only will you be expected to participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, and retros; you'll be expected to help improve our ceremonies.
You strive for quality, and are obsessed with unit tests, automation, and squashing any bugs that sneak through. But it's more than that: you'll use our product, realize "hey! that's not what I expected!" and figure out how to make it better for everyone.
Your Skills and Experience
- Deep knowledge of cloud technologies (especially native cloud with AWS)
- Good experience with multiple modern programming languages
- You're obsessed with performance, and have experience with instrumentation and monitoring services to ensure the application is behaving as expected
- You have a basic knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- 10+ years of industry experience developing commercial user-facing applications
- Experience in fully automated CI/CD concerns (IaC, quality, testing, etc)
- Understanding of Event Driven/Event Sourced design concepts
- Experience in micro-service development
- Experience in web service development
- Experience in various API protocols (REST, GraphQL, gRPC, etc)
- Experience in serverless development
- Proactive business skills and strong collaborative skills are required.
- Self-Directed, High Energy
- Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed virtual team
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively across disciplines, product lines, roles and geographical and time zone boundaries
- Excellent oral/written communication & listening skills will be necessary to present information, analysis & recommendations to all levels of employees, including management, and customers.
- High degree of organization to manage & maintain project plans, road maps & provide accurate updates as part of the review cycle.
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Hybrid App development
- Experience with Flutter/Dart
- Experience mapping technologies (GIS, MapBox, Location Technologies, etc)
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time