>>THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION<<
Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About Charging-As-A-Service (CaaS)
CAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, CaaS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. CaaS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of Sr Site Reliability Engineer for the EV CaaS product suite, you’ll have the opportunity to work on multiple technologies. Our product scope extends from IoT communication protocols to cloud scalable connectivity and big data processing on our SaaS analytics product. This is an excellent opportunity to become a founding and core member of a growing cloud infrastructure team. This role will be responsible for providing the platform for critically important CaaS systems to maintain constant uptime, scale seamlessly, and allow for new applications and services to thrive.
- The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality, and detail. The SRE will not only support operations, but also work closely with the developers and architects within the team to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security, and scalability.
- Implement and improve CaaS infrastructure and application monitoring and observability capabilities that results in improving reliability
- Engage with application engineering teams to improve service operability and reliability, on-call efficiencies, drive incident management, and post-mortem analysis
- Drive production readiness, and improve key areas like capacity planning, configuration management, and observability
- Design and improve architectures of new and existing systems based on the principles of reliability and high availability with extensive logging and observability
- Develop expertise in Siemens Infrastructure and best practices and bring that to CaaS Platforms to run a world class distributed systems
- Create tooling and automation to improve the operations and operability of our infrastructure and applications
- 5+ years’ experience supporting internet-facing production services and distributed systems
- Experience solving complex technical problems and troubleshooting distributed systems, networking, and security issues, esp. on AWS
- Proficient with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Experience with creating CI/CD for deploying cloud agnostic applications
- Expertise in operating Linux based systems, with a proven understanding of its internals
- Experience in leading the deep-dive and troubleshooting of production issues with an active diagnostic call
- Self-starter, self- motivated and focused on continuously improving how things work
- Demonstrated problem solving ability using creative and innovating thinking but also adhering to a strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. Enthusiastic and able to work on difficult challenges, modern technology, and alternative approaches
- Good Programming skills with at least one interpreted dynamically typed programming language (e.g., python, node, etc.) and at least one compiled statically typed programming language (c#, java, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- EV Charging Domain experience
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.