Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Spanning from Cardiovascular Units to Women’s Health Centers, Emergency Rooms and Radiology Departments, Ultrasound is one of the most varied imaging modalities in all of healthcare. Because of this, Siemens Customer Service Engineers (CSEs) play a vital role in ensuring that sonographers can provide consistent, high-level care to patients in every part of a medical facility. Our professional CSEs do this using a mix technical expertise and top-notch customer service to keep Siemens Ultrasound equipment operating at our high standards for function and image quality.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Customer Service Engineer I
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Customer Service Engineer I, you will be responsible for:
- Building and sustaining strong partnerships with your customers through the effective use of both technical expertise and interpersonal skills.
- Serve as the company’s primary customer facing technical representative while working in collaboration with biomedical engineers and other senior staff members in a hospital or clinical environment.
- Ownership of customer relationships with the goal of upholding a high level of satisfaction with optimum service delivery
- Work closely with clinical and sales partners best manage and grow your install base.
- Troubleshoot and resolve both hardware and software issues with ultrasound equipment, either remotely or at a customer site.
- Manage installation, modification, and preventive maintenance calls to ensure customer equipment operates at a high standard
- Work with Regional Service Director to achieve individual goals and targets for the region
- Ensure all work and equipment adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements
- Required to submit any documentation required to remain in compliance with serviceable repairs
- Maintaining a clean driving record in compliance with company fleet vehicle policies
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Background maintaining electronic equipment, either in or out of a healthcare environment
- Having good PC skills (Example: MS Office software like Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Desire to work with our latest technology and learn about new software and hardware solutions
- Passion to deliver customer centric solutions to customers
- Requires someone to work well without supervision, be a self-starter and can independently manager their time/schedule
- Willingness to travel and flexibility, for both day to day work and required company training
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Associate Degree in electronics or equivalent combination of education and experience; BSEE/BSEET/BSME/BSMET preferred.
- Knowledge of computers and networking; PC competency to include utilization of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to understand and apply electronic, mechanical, and networking theory to install, diagnose, and repair equipment, including knowledge and use of all necessary tools and test equipment.
- Ability to understand and utilize technical vocabulary to perform tasks according to either verbal or written instructions
- Expertise in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving complex technical issues.
- Strong customer service skills through clear verbal communication with customers that explains the diagnosis of the event of the CSEs
- Must be able to be compliant with hospital credentialing requirements*
- Wide degree of creativity, leadership, and latitude is expected
- Ability to complete multiple tasks with minimal direction
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of hospital organization staff
- Excellent organizational, time management, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel >75% of the time
Additional desired skills include
- High attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks resulting in consistent productivity
- Ability to function within and support a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Dependable, flexible, and punctual
- Ability to meet accuracy and productivity goals
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to evaluate situation and prioritize factors in decision making
- Self-motivated, utilize available resources for self-improvement and development
- Able to follow directives and accomplish tasks outside of normal duties
- This position will be assigned to a specific region but may be a used a floater position, meaning that this person may need to travel (vehicle/airplane) to assist with business needs when needed
* CSEs are required to register with a vendor credentialing service. As part of this process, may be required to submit personal information to a credentialing service company, to provide proof of vaccinations or related medical information, and to comply with other requirements needed to be able to work at customer site. May be required to complete US federal background check and requirements for access to US government facilities and/or government IT networks; terms of federal contracts require US citizenship - dual citizenship is prohibited.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.