Siemens Digital Industries Software is a growing software company - bringing the technologies and innovations of tomorrow to our customers today. With the resources and opportunities of a large corporation, your opportunities are endless.
Join our team now as a “CFD Engineer - Development Support” supporting the development of Simcenter FLOEFD!
Simcenter FLOEFD embeds CFD in CAD software to frontload simulation, allowing concurrent design simulation and reducing design times.
We are looking for a qualified and motivated CFD engineer to join our Development Support team. Development Support helps to verify that CFD software predictions meet the highest quality standards, and help deliver highly technical software support services to a global client base. Our high level support ensures the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between the Solution Domains Development organization and the rest of the company.
You will collaborate closely with teams worldwide to provide advanced technical solutions that help to ensure end-user issues are answered and fixed in a timely manner, and software products are used accurately, to their maximum potential.
You will work closely with software developers during the development cycle of Simcenter FLOEFD to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. In particular, emphasis is given to demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. Another part of this role includes verifying that new features meet the specified design criteria.
You have a high-level understanding of CFD and be comfortable working with a wide range of engineering applications to simulate the most challenging engineering systems, then join our team!You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Supporting internal customers
- Triaging customer bug reports submitted to the development teams
- Ensuring newly implemented Simcenter FLOEFD code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to verifying new code development works as designed throughout the development and release cycles.
- A postgraduate degree (MEng, MSc, PhD, or equivalent) in Mechanical/Automotive/Aerospace/Marine Engineering or other closely related fields
- Prior industrial/research experience working with commercial CFD software
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of theoretical, experimental, and numerical fluid dynamics
- Abel to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritize different projects
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient English: speaking, reading, and writing
- Using Simcenter FLOEFD or Flotherm
- Supporting and/or testing CFD software
- A CAD package like NX
- Basic programming and/or scripting skills – Java, Python
- Working in a Linux and Windows environment
We offer an international environment with more than 140,000 customers around the world who already rely on our expertise in digitization. Our culture is characterized by an open and harmonious atmosphere, the team at the center. With us, you will be involved in exciting, highly complex projects at world-class and successful companies from various industries with the possibility to act on your own responsibility.
In addition to the benefits of working in Siemens, you will get:
- The opportunity to work with very motivated and talented people
- To work on challenging problems that will stimulate your creativity
- To work with highly collaborative team members
- To work under a management that actively cultivates growth and development of the team
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time