Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
As Plant Controller located in Drummondville, Quebec you will be responsible for managing financial transparency and accuracy, internal controls, reporting, analysis, planning, forecasting, monitoring, and adherence to KPI’s, commercial partner to plant management and manage business administration team
- Directs, supervises, and develops the factory business administration team (total team of 11 employees with 3 direct reports)
- Partner with the Plant Manager to drive strategic measures, KPI’s, financial results, and financial transparency
- Directs and participates in the annual factory financial planning and monthly forecasting processes estimated at $100M+ per annum
- Implements efficient and improves monthly reporting processes based on Siemens standards including driving digitalization of current processes
- Ensures adherence to all internal and external financial and reporting rules
- Directs and participates in the development of accurate product costing, yearly transfer prices, hourly rates and variance reporting
- Challenges all production related costs. Leads the performance and productivity reporting for operations.
- Reviews operations capital asset requests and consolidates capex forecasts
- Leads financial inventory management
- Acts as an integral part of the operations management team, providing financial analyses and evaluations and drives cost management concepts
- Interfaces with local union, including negotiating union agreement and resolving grievances
Reports to directly to the Head of Finance for Electrical Products Canada, indirectly to North American Operations team
You will be required to work in person in the Drummondville Plant.
What will you need to succeed?
- BA/ Masters Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- CPA or equivalent profession accreditation is a preferred
- Knowledge of IFRS reporting systems/environment
- Knowledge of Siemens reporting systems/environment
- 7-10 years of successful experience in a Controller role with a medium to large size manufacturing organization, progressively growing their responsibilities aiding to the success of the organization.
- Knowledge of Tableau, Knime/Alteryx, Snowflake
- Extensive knowledge of product costing
- ERP (SAP) and Finance systems knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Capable to successfully manage multiple priorities and reporting requirements
- Autonomous, self-driven
- Collaborative, team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English to communicate on a corporate level and with the national finance team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.