The Solution Architect is responsible for the successful application of the Advantedge Siemens PLM implementation methodology to deliver high quality PLM implementations. The Solution Architect will be encouraged to provide leadership, overall technical direction to the team, and mentorship to the customer based on Siemens standard methodologies. Our Solution Architects are leaders with a point of view in the respective verticals and will be encouraged to provide mentorship to the entire vertical on Industry Best Practices. The Solution Architect position will be collaborating with the Electronics, Semiconductor, Medical device and CP&R (Consumer Products and Retail) Technology Director. Experience in the above-mentioned industries would be a plus for this position, but not required.
- Leadership of the project team and customer to deliver project goals.
- Ownership of the entire solution delivered to the customer including work done by other team members
- Be responsible for all aspects of the technical project. Ensure that Siemens standard methodologies are followed and that the functional specification is implemented accurately
- Advise the offshore team to efficiently implement detailed functional specifications
- Assist the Project Manager with estimates, detailed work breakdown structure, and enforcement of scope for the project
- Become a trusted advisor to the customer to steer customer towards Siemens Best Practices
- Authoring of functional specs to document all detailed implementation information for the project
- Working with QA lead to implement our Quality Assurance process.
- Run workshops to implement the Solution Definition portion of Siemens Delivery methodology
- Efficiently communicate design direction to team members and customers in a timely and clear fashion
- Support the Engagement Manager on preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications
- Handle customer expectations across project cycle.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably with software engineering background, Advanced Degree may be substituted for shown experience
- Experience in any one of these industries Semiconductor, Electronics, Consumer Products and Retail, Medical Devices, Drugs, Life Sciences
- Multiple years of designing Teamcenter solutions is helpful. Experience with other similar products, such as Enovia, ePDM, Windchill, Aras Innovator or Agile
- Experience in the technical leadership of large software implementation projects
- Shown experience in leading a prescriptive solution deployment based on standard methodologies and OOTB capabilities as opposed to simply meeting customer requirements as stated
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present sophisticated issues to multi-level audiences and optimally communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
- Experience leading offshore team on implementation projects
- A dedication to drive implementation success in a highly competitive market
- Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
- Travel 50%+
- Healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Life insurance covered by Siemens
- Long-term and short-term disability plans covered by Siemens
- 401K matching
- Flexible personal time off, including paid volunteer time off.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.