We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) Grid Software is leading the way in this energy transformation with a comprehensive portfolio that addresses key challenges surrounding resiliency, reliability, affordability and security requirements for our customers.
Are you passionate about creating new possibilities?
Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI), the consulting side of Siemens Grid Software, is seeking an experienced consultant who will be responsible for implementation and delivery of leading-edge power market analytics and engineering. This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets and portfolio activities. This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
- Project execution and delivery responsibility of power market analysis engagements
- Independently manage fast-paced consulting projects ranging from assessments of new generating assets to large-scale research and policy studies, often under tight timelines and budgets
- Maintain expertise and up-to-date policy development and market information in all three Electric Interconnections in the US
- Strong contributor and often lead a team of market analysts in modeling nodal power markets and assessing the risks of congestion and curtailment
- Manage client engagements and proposal generation functions as per Siemens PTI quality standards
- Maintain a 3-year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging market
- Mentor junior consultants in the area of market modeling and simulations as well as quantitative analysis
- Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services
Typical projects include production cost studies, economic and market efficiency studies, generation interconnection studies, market analytics studies in support of Integrated Resource Plan, transmission expansion planning, cost / benefit assessment (e.g. FERC 1000), revenue forecast and risk assessment (curtailment) of existing and new generation projects with emphasis on renewable generation, operational support for market participants with respect of price forecasts and congestion risks, among others.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of successful transmission planning, production cost analysis, and/or consulting experience in the US power industry
- Advanced degree, e.g., PhD, MS can substitute 1-2 years.
- 5 years of technical leadership experience within US Energy Sector
- Proven track record of performance and growth over career in power system planning and/or consulting experience
- Admirable people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Partner focused, proactive and effective within a team environment
- Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective
- In-depth knowledge of power generation and transmission facility types, interconnection requirements, capital and O/M costs, dispatches, ancillary services, transmission line characteristics, and general power system operations, together with general business and financial calculations
- Solid experience using power market analysis tool PROMOD®IV is required and experience with other tools such as Aurora, Plexos, EnCompass, etc. is desired
- Strong transmission planning experience using analysis tools PSS®E, MUST, and TARA is also required for this position
- Programming skills, e.g., Python, VBA, is a plus
- This position may require minimum level of travel, primarily in US
This position will report to Siemens PTI office based in Houston, TX. Work options include local or fully remote anywhere in the US.
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Siemens is recognized as being a top employer for diversity, sustainability, innovation, and technology. Check out this link
Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow!
Find out how Siemens Grid Software is decoding the future of energy and what part you can play: https://sie.ag/DecodingTheFutureOfEnergy
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.