We are looking for a Finance Analyst Equity Investments with finance, accounting, and tax knowledge.
You will be responsible for finance topics related to our equity investments (accounting concepts, tax, and shareholding topics) and performing preliminary research on the accounting concepts applicable to “investment” accounting. You will collaborate closely with the sales / origination and the risk management team in the Americas as a part of agile deal teams.
The role is also responsible for business administration topics such as providing accurate forecast / budget on a regular basis, managing suppliers’ relationships, maintaining accurate books and records on SFS level for the underlying investments.
This position comes with full benefits and is bonus eligible.
As a Senior Finance Analyst Equity Investments, you will need a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the following areas:
As a Finance Analyst Equity Investments, you will need a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the following areas:
- Strong background in US GAAP and/or IFRS accounting standards in general and specific to equity accounting
- Strong MS Excel and financial modelling skills to review financial models and perform analytical reviews
- Intermediate understanding of fair value concepts such as DCF, market multiples, comparable transactions etc.
- Basic understanding of Tax rules in the US (LATAM tax rules understanding is a plus)
- Experience in establishing business administration set-up in foreign shareholding entities, such as service agreements, order management & payment processes, internal controls set-up, etc.
- Experience in working within fast-paced, diverse, and transaction-oriented teams with the ability to balance multiple deals and tasks simultaneously
- Understanding of private equity business, and common financial structures/products such as common / preferred equity instrument, shareholders’ loan, equity options and warrants etc.
- Understanding of the underlying risk profile of equity investments, profitability, customer requirements etc.)
- Experience within financial advisory group, internal and/or external audit within reputable public accounting firm is beneficial
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- CPA, CFA and/or MBA in Finance is a plus
- Performing due diligence of new equity transactions as well as divestments which includes but not limited to analyzing transaction structures, review of the financial models, ensuring Key Performance Indicators (“KPIs”) of the proposed transactions meet internal hurdles, and supporting internal approval processes.
- Analyzing accounting, tax and operational matters as well as the review of legal documents to assess the accounting implication of the transaction as per IFRS / US GAAP.
- Evaluating financial performance of pipeline transactions such as IRR, ROE, EVA, free cash flows etc.
- Manage finance topics for portfolio transactions such as reviewing the financial statements, tracking KPIs, calculating equity pick-ups for the investee companies, forecasting cash distributions, dividends etc.
- Facilitate payment process for capital contributions and incoming payments to/from equity investments
- Supporting the engagement of the consultants, handling purchase orders, tracking invoices from project companies, maintaining consultants’ budget, and performing analytics on a regular basis including recommending accruals in consultation with RM team
- Establish business administration set-up in foreign shareholding entities, such as service agreements, order management & payment processes, internal controls set-up, etc.
- Interface between business and support functions such as accounting, tax, reporting, business controlling, etc. for the above topics
Want to have impact on improving people’s life by financing the future of energy, infrastructure, and healthcare industries? Whether in power / renewables, transportation or healthcare, energy and infrastructure projects often require substantial amounts of money. Siemens Financial Services Equity Finance (SFS EQ) offers a broad variety of financing solutions, spanning from traditional equity project finance to platform and fund structures, adding new value for both the customer and the involved Siemens Operating and Strategic companies.
Organization: Siemens Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.