Siemens Large Drives LLC is looking for a Project Manager/ Scrum Master with a proven track record of running sophisticated large scale Systems projects preferably in a manufactory setting. In this role you will be a part of a diverse global R&D team.
The role of the PM/ SM is to plan, implement and finalize projects according to scope, timeline and budget. This includes advising resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating the efforts of team members to ensure the timely delivery of projects to plan. You will apply the Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) process to lead the development projects from requirements development to product release.
The PM/ SM will also define the project’s objectives, participate in project planning during and after the sales cycle and lead all aspects of quality control throughout its life cycle.
- As a Project Manager/ Scrum Master, lead 1 Scrum Teams, ensuring timely delivery of features within budget and quality to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Takes care that the team follows the PLM process with all relevant process steps (responsible for process execution)
- Effectively guide and facilitate the sprint ceremonies to consistently achieve the sprint goals.
- Protect scrum team from outside distractions, impediments or team conflicts, and maintain focus on product backlog and project timeline.
- Work/collaborate/communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators
- Regularly supervise and control the metrics to meet project/product goals.
- Mentor & Guide the team with Agile/Lean practices to deliver value to the customers
- Coaching, mentoring, and encouraging the culture of visibility, continuous improvement, and self-organizing within the team.
- Identify and control project risks by means of prevention, mitigation and contingencies.
- Ensure that sprint deliverables are adhering to the Quality and regulatory guidelines
Knowledge and Experience:
Typically 3-5 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Responsibilities and Required Knowledge as presented above.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or a related technical subject area
- Consistent track record of completing projects on time, on budget, and satisfying all performance/quality requirements
- Excellent analytical skills; Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Understanding of the Product Lifecycle including Agile development with hardware and software integration.
- Experience with Risk Management – opportunities, risk mitigation, appropriate planning to reduce impact of potential risks etc.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally on occasion
- Highly dynamic, flexible and adaptable personality.
- Able to work with a diverse group of people as well as, a geographically distributed team
- Able to lead multiple projects
- Experience in a R&D environment
- Experience with leading Design to Cost projects
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with industry standard tools/processes used to lead Agile software development projects
- Experience with hardware development projects
- Previous experience as a Scrum Master is helpful.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- International project management experience is preferred.
- PM@Siemens, PMP, or Scrum Master certification is preferred
- Knowledge & experience with MV variable frequency drives is preferred
At Siemens, our mission is to transform the every day. We strive to better understand the need of our customers and of society. We develop technology with impact to transform the world’s economies. We intelligently combine the digital and physical world to create a better tomorrow
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Why you’ll love working at Siemens
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus) based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote a few days a week
- Paid parental leave
Who designs your future? You do.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Large Drives LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.