Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 60,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Sr. Manager for Advanced Catheter Manufacturing Engineering (ACME)
This is a role well suited to an
ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Sr. Manager for Advanced Catheter
Manufacturing Engineering (ACME), you will be responsible for:
The Sr. Manager for Advanced Catheter Manufacturing Engineering (ACME) is responsible for owning and overseeing the successful execution of process development and product realization for new intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) catheter products with a particular focus on manufacturing readiness.
This includes facilitating collaboration between SCM and Engineering (InT) to ensure designs are optimized for manufacturability and testability, and to provide manufacturing processes that are efficient and capable.
You will facilitate communication between design and production teams to select appropriate materials, guide the design of tooling, develop and qualify processes, select process materials, and support production ramp-up. You may also provide sustaining support as needed.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- Manages process development and implementation, from concept to volume production, of ICE new product introduction (NPI) including large and complex projects with full responsibility for results evidenced by meeting performance and quality targets, business needs with respect to timing, cost-of-goods-sold, manufacturability, and equipment cost.
- Manages a team of engineers and technicians to execute deliverables related to process development, equipment, and tooling specifications. Works with project managers to ensure project is staffed appropriately and holds team members accountable for assigned deliverables. Retains, recruits, and develops talent.
- Engages in continuous improvement by establishing and documenting best practices to improve communication and execution of the process development process. Drives a continuous improvement culture including reuse, cooperation, knowledge management, and lessons learned, among others.
- Provides input to design engineering team on topics related to design manufacturability, process risk, and production requirements as an expert on existing and new processes. Explains design engineering and process constraints to production team to facilitate adoption of new processes. Aligns challenging and potentially conflicting needs, particularly between design engineering and production.
- Identifies new or improved process techniques and evaluates them for implementation as a part of new product introduction (NPI) or sustaining engineering projects. Seeks opportunities to automate processes and improve efficiency, quality, and/or ergonomics.
- Identifies opportunities for automation, influences design for manufacturability, and works with 3rd parties in developing concepts for automation.
- Effectively communicates status and other business critical information to relevant stakeholders, project management, and senior leadership.
- Support production ramp-up through process validation within the defined requirements (e.g. regarding targets for cost, time, quality)
- Owns and manages the process development lab and pilot facility at the design center. Ensures proper control of materials, equipment and tooling based on product lifecycle.
- Communicates newly discovered process issues quickly and effectively to plan investigations, mitigations, and communicate potential impacts, while leading the effort to eliminate or minimize impact.
- Ensures adherence to design and quality guidelines as well as product safety topics.
- Manages and ensures compliance to standards, working laws, rules and regulations.
- Performs risk and opportunity management with project managers.
- Works with the project managers on budget and resource planning as well as generation of project agreement.
- Ensures completion of appropriate project documentation in compliance with the design control and development milestone process requirements.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field.
· Minimum 10 years of experience as in manufacturing engineering. 3 years of management experience required. FDA QSR and EU MDR regulated medical device company preferred.
· Experience in Class II or III medical device preferred.
· Effective Influential and Lead by Example Leadership, Clear Communication, Self-driven Cross-Functional abilities in a global environment is a must.
· Experience with design controls, milestone reviews and presentations
· Strong manufacturing engineering and problem-solving experience required. Working knowledge of design control, risk management, sustaining engineering, defect management, and statistical analysis techniques is a plus.
· 25% to 50% travel including internationally.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.