We are currently seeking a Software Architect for Intelligent Systems for our Princeton, NJ location. This job will help Siemens integrate machine learning into systematic software engineering processes to create new products or enhance existing products – so we require someone who not only possesses the technical skills but also a willingness to never stop learning!
At the core of Siemens’ business are complex software-intensive systems. Siemens power plants, factory automation, building automation, power grid control, and others depend on the correct operation of software… in other words, reliable software is essential for the success of our businesses. Software architects helps Siemens business units world-wide to translate new business ideas into software solutions and successful products. As machine learning is becoming a key success factor for many industrial systems, we research how these system qualities can be ensured also for intelligent systems. Our results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences.The Challenge:
- Guide Siemens Business Units to build reliable, performant, scalable, and maintainable systems that include machine learning components.
- Evaluate solution alternatives that involve different machine learning architectures that allow for operation in the cloud or on the edge.
- Design and implement intelligent systems for Siemens business units.
- Participate in software architecture reviews and work with business units to improve their software architecture.
- Scout state-of-the-art machine learning technologies and software engineering methods, tools and trends.
- Identify high-impact research topics in intelligent systems.
- Apply ML techniques to software engineering challenges
- Perform research, development and consulting projects collaborating with colleagues, customers and universities.
- Create publications and presentations for journals and conferences.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or MS with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong theoretic and practical experience in systematic software engineering.
- Strong experience in using and deploying machine learning.
- Experience in evaluating and improving the performance, scalability, reliability, and robustness of intelligent systems.
- Excellent communication skills and technical leadership.
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences is plus.
- Practical experience with AWS or Azure is a plus.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 172 years. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in operating and strategic companies: Smart Infrastructure, Digital Industries, Siemens Mobility, Siemens Gamesa, Siemens Healthineers & Siemens Energy. (see also http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/).
Right now, we’re powering a whole country, finding ways to prevent malaria, making cities smarter, developing renewable energy, designing 3D robots, transporting people at 250 mph and helping NASA explore Mars. Our experience has shown that key technology components coming from areas like AI, analytics, IOT, Cyber-Security, additive manufacturing and materials science are extremely relevant for such innovations.
Siemens Corporate Technology plays an important role in this as a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides pre-development (aka research) services, prototyping, technology evaluation and assessments as well as technology consulting to all of Siemens’ businesses.
We help business units discover new business ideas and develop them into software solutions and successful products. Our research results influence Siemens products and are reflected in patents and publications in journals and conferences. Moreover, the team pursuits government funding opportunities, often in collaboration with top academic partners.Join Us
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Corporate Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best!
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#subcat34
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.