Do you want to join us in helping to fight the world’s most threatening diseases and enabling access to care for more people around the world? At Siemens Healthineers, we pioneer breakthroughs in healthcare. For everyone. Everywhere.
We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment with opportunities to go beyond your comfort zone in order to grow personally and professionally. Sound interesting? Then come and join our global team as EHS Specialist II. This position is located at Hoffman Estates, IL.
Our global team: We are a team of 66,000 highly dedicated employees across more than 70 countries passionately pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in healthcare to help improve people’s lives around the world.
Our culture: We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success. Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/en-us/careers.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and Healthineers standards. They will support the EHS Team and Radiation Safety Officer in managing EHS and Radiation Safety programs at the Hoffman Estates facility as well as across the MI Clinical Systems business. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and have experience in developing and implementing programs and systems to align with MI’s EHS and Radiation business initiatives. This position reports directly to the Director of EHS.
· Coordinate activities to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local regulations related to environmental, health and safety requirements.
· Develop and implement applicable EHS procedures.
· Develop EHS Training content and conduct training as needed (i.e. - New Employee Orientation, Lockout / Tagout).
· Be an EHS representative for site-related projects. This includes reviewing of Management of Change forms (MoC), conducting project safety reviews, evaluating new equipment, overseeing contractors and other tasks.
· Assist with incident management, including incident investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
· Work with EHS Team and site Managers to perform ergonomic assessments, industrial hygiene (IH) surveys, job hazard analyses (JHA), personal protective equipment (PPE) and other hazard assessments.
· Perform functions related to hazardous waste including collection of contaminated wastes, organizing material for segregation using applicable waste codes. Prepares material and manifests for hazardous waste shipments.
· Conduct safety and environmental audits and inspections.
· Coordinate and participate on site EHS committees and external agency audits (IEPA, OSHA, GRC, etc.).
· Collect, maintain, and analyze EHS and Radiation Safety data and identify trends in EHS performance.
· Maintain site chemical inventory and SDS database.
· Maintain site and program level EHS and Radiation Safety records.
· Other administrative responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining KPIs, OSHA Logs and injury & illness records, ordering of materials, etc.
· Support Radiation Safety Officer in performing various program tasks such as radiation surveys, package check-in, leak test/inventories.
- Support Sustainability, Business Continuity, EHS Management System, Health Management and other product and facility-related environmental, health and safety initiatives.
- May be required to perform other EHS related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Safety, Environmental Science, Nuclear Medicine or related discipline.
· 1-3 years experience in EHS/Radiation Safety Program Management.
· Working knowledge of EPA, OSHA and NRC regulations and industry EH&S standards.
· Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise EHS procedures.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization
· Ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards.
· Travel up to 10% when necessary.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associate/Certified Safety Professional (ASP/CSP) certification, Certified Hazardous Material Manager (CHMM) certification, or equivalent.
· Experience working with ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Management Systems.
· DOT/IATA Hazardous Materials Certification.
· First Aid/CPR/AED certified.
· Forklift train-the trainer certification.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
Beware of Job Scams
Please beware of potentially fraudulent job postings or suspicious recruiting activity by persons that are currently posing as Siemens Healthineers recruiters/employees. These scammers may attempt to collect your confidential personal or financial information. If you are concerned that an offer of employment with Siemens Healthineers might be a scam or that the recruiter is not legitimate, please verify by searching for the posting on the Siemens Healthineers Career Site.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.