Create a better tomorrow with us.
Siemens Mobility is looking for an Electrification Project Engineer, to be hired with a permanent contract, for its premises in Milan.
He /She will be responsible for the implementation and development of system solutions in support of the management of electricity infrastructure, whose aim is to feed the electric traction lines in the railway sector.
Mobility goes digital.
The Mobility Division is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers value-added that is unique, and not only in our industry. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Do you have the courage to think beyond the possible? Do you want to be empowered to build solutions that have an impact on daily life?
Siemens is your place to thrive. At Siemens, you will find the trust and freedom to excel.
Talk to us about the growth journey you’d like to take, move to Siemens to learn and to build a better real and digital future.Your Challenge
He / She will be responsible for:
- Independently ensuring the definition of the design requirements and development of the related engineering
- Supporting the electrical design in the RFI SSE 3kVcc and 25kVca, drafting of technical specifications, act as assistant for economic expertise and interface with the customer
- Being a technical support and mediator with suppliers for the implementation of station control systems (SCADA) for high, medium and direct current switchboards in accordance with the latest IEC 61850 technology standards
- Ensuring that technical project documentation, test reports and manuals are updated, collated, and archived as well as knowledge of communication protocol standards
- Taking care of the analysis of solutions in support of any phases of bid or technical-economic evaluation of solutions
- Executing the analysis and development of new solutions and ensure coordination with other Siemens internal structures involved
- Going through with the coordination of commissioning activities by ensuring the timely analysis and evaluation of any critical situations and supporting the PM in any meetings with the Customer
- Supporting the project manager in technical issues and coordinate both customers and internal partners
- Preparing operation manuals based on our customer’s requirements.
- Electrical Diploma or Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Automation Engineering;
- At least 3 years' experience as a Project Engineer;
- Experience with RFI systems (SSE 3kVdc/25kVac, switchgears, DC/AC contact line protections);
- Good reading skills electrical diagrams, commissioning experience appreciated;
- Passionate, curious, willing to the management of diagnostics, automation and control systems of railway electrical substations for RFI, HMI/SCADA and PLC software, engineering development and commissioning;
- Experience with communication protocols (IEC 8705-102, IEC 870-5-103,61850);
- Experience in automation engineering, diagnostics and protection systems for power supply and LV switch cabinets for DC traction systems would be an asset;
- Familiarity with Siemens products for protection and automation of electrical substations of the SITRAS PRO and MDC families, SIPROTEC, SICAM AK 3, and related configuration tools SITRAS PRO SW, DIGSI 4 and 5, SICAM TOOLBOX and SCADA systems SICAM PAS and Simatic WinCC. Not required but highly appreciated;
- Available to travel in order to conduct commissioning, testing and troubleshooting activities in electrification of ESS and SCADA government and protection systems;
- Good knowledge of English and Italian, both written and spoken.
What can we further offer?
- An inclusive and flexible way of working, with caring for everyone's personal well-being;
- Flexible Welfare programs and health insurance can be extended to your family;
- Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the ambitious spirits are recognized;
- Opportunities for continuous/individual learning journeys so that you never stop growing and keep on learning;
- Value driven culture: trustful, respectful, open, honest, empowering;
- Competitive package with regional specific benefits;
- Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
- Free on-site lunch options;
- Personal Computer and Smartphone.
- Ground breaking tools for remote working and your personal growth.
Inclusion is our ambition!
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer, offering a safe and inclusive work environment, based on mutual respect and the appreciation of diversity, guaranteeing equal employment opportunities to all qualified candidates to realize their full potential.
Address us the desired working conditions/ environment that will lift your efficiency. Typically, this kind of position is full-time, however please feel free to tell us if a more flexible arrangement would better enable you to take up this opportunity!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Contacts
For further information or questions, you can contact: Siemens Spa, Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Via Vipiteno, n.4 Milan (Italy).
For more details about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
Our recruiting team is looking forward to getting to know you!
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility S.r.l.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time