As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- Overall responsibility for the execution of the complete Auxilary Power Engineering scope for a Substation
· Design for Medium Voltage and Low voltage distribution systems.
· Calculation of fault levels, current carrying capacity, transformer sizing, DG set size, battery capacity, cable size
Complete responsibility to design and develop HVDC/AC Substation layouts & interdisciplinary coordination that mainly includes:
- Preparation of all Primary Engineering Deliverables. International projects experience & exposure of Standards IEC, IEEE.
- Substation layouts and section drawings preparation (2D & 3D) for proposal & real projects based on customer specification.
- Prepare, review, and validate Bill of material for tenders and real projects.
- Responsible for all design calculations related to Primary Engineering
- Grounding system design, drawings, and Bill of Materials.
- Lightning protection system design, drawings, and BoM.
- Technical data sheets verification of primary equipment. Knowledge of primary (HV) equipment, such as GIS, circuit breakers, disconnectors, earthing switches, instrument transformers, power transformers, etc.
- Providing optimized and customized solutions for various substation and apply creativity wherever required for continuous project development.
- Planning of inter-disciplinary meeting with internal as well external customer as required.
- Vendor Offer Evaluations. FAT / SAT of primary equipment, system as and when needed.
- Technical risk and opportunity assessment and validation
- Take part in customer meetings / site visits for tender/project clarifications
- Estimation of engineering effort for each project development and continuously innovate ideas to reduce Engineering effort with quality.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Electrical with experience of min. 6-8 Years of experience in Primary design for AC/HVDC substations.
- Possess good communication, interpersonal skills and willing to work in inter disciplinary teams.
- Possess Good knowledge of Substation Primary and Secondary design interfaces.
- Hands on experience in Autodesk tools- Inventor, Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based at Gurugram . You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time