Mode of Employment: Limited; 17,5 hours/week
Use your knowledge as a springboard.
Do you like the sound of finding the smartest solution side by side with professionals and experts? If so, complete your PhD thesis with us. We can help you to combine knowledge, discover connections, and formulate ideas. When you join our team, you will gain an insight into a range of departments and processes. It is a chance like no other to break new ground as we head into the future of electrification, automation, and digitalization. Seize this opportunity today!
Change the future with us.
Computing environments are getting extremely diverse from resource-constrained devices, to specialized devices to highly performant virtualized cloud platforms. Cognitive edge cloud concepts based on AI/ML can be applied to enable an automatic orchestration and reconfiguration to fully exploit the capabilities of the decentralized networked computing resources. In addition, modern programming models like serverless computing, low-code frameworks, and paradigms like reactive programming and data-centric middleware concepts allow novel approaches to make these resource pools easily accessible to distributed application developers.
In this research work you will:
- Research middleware concepts and demands for horizontally pooled heterogeneous compute resources which enable modern distributed application development for industrial scenarios in cognitive edge clouds
- Research and develop concepts for elastic information flow routing between distributed application components
- Investigate low-code concepts and reactive programming paradigms for programming distributed applications in FaaS enabled cognitive edge-clouds
- Build a testbed to bring your ideas and new approaches to life and for evaluation of representative use cases especially for industrial-grade cognitive edge clouds.
Your research will be carried out in the context of international research projects with academic and business partners of Siemens. This will give you the additional unique opportunity to directly work and exchange with external scientific experts in your research project. Beyond this we will support you to publish your work, to visit international conferences, to do academic stays at partner institutions, and to develop the ideas you have for the future of industrial systems.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You have a strong drive for achievement, a genuine desire to discover and try out new things, and your curiosity about new technologies outperforms others
- You have sound knowledge of Distributed Systems, Software Architecture and Software Development preferably in the area of Internet of Things, Edge and/or Cloud Computing
- You have advanced knowledge in communication technologies and basic knowledge in AI and machine learning
- You already have an excellent master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or a similar field
- You have proven experience and deep knowledge in implementing software in at least one high-level programming language – you love to code
- Due to the international structure of the doctorate, excellent written and verbal English skills are required. German skills would be advantageous
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
Do you have questions about the application? Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions.
If you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Early Professional
Full / Part time: Part-time