Our Customer Services business is the arm for our Rolling Stock products (Light Rail Vehicles and Main Transit Lines), covering customer needs throughout North America.
We are looking for a Materials Manager to add to our Mobility Customer Service – NCTD Project Team. This role is responsible for all material & logistics-related tasks in the maintenance project, aiming to optimize costs and ensure the required quality and material is available for the customer while providing a safe work environment. The customer has a maintenance facility in Oceanside, CA, and Escondido, CA.
You will be responsible for detailing and implementing the logistics concept and coordinating it with the project team, for which you need to be well-organized and highly motivated. This role will be responsible for managing supply chain activities, including order management and monitoring of operational and delivery processes, with the objective of sustainable customer satisfaction through optimized processes and resource planning.What your day-to-day will look like:
- Work across functions to execute the cycle time of return inventory at each process handoff. Request and track any Customer-owned spares and ensure that defective core material is returned.
- Communicate shipment progress/movement and other equipment-related matters consistently and promptly. Maintain shipping policies and procedures
- Gather, analyze, and summarize data to prepare and develop visual charts, graphs, and presentations for the monthly reports and other operating reviews for internal and external customers
- Champion an environment of continual improvement with material and supply chain teams and across impacted functions via Workshop events, process standardization, process efficiency, and performance measurements
- Align material teams' objectives with customer and business level deliverables (availability, reliability, cycle time, and other CTQs to be defined by business and customer)
- Assist Product Management, Reliability, and Purchasing teams by leading life cycle cost initiatives at the field level (second source opportunities, localization, internal material repair/rebuild opportunities)
- Manage and optimize transportation cost drivers with field sites through a decision tree, logistics analysis, and standard operating procedures
- High School diploma or GED required; College degree preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in material and logistics coordination and material management experience required.
- ERP and MRP systems, as well as additional planning software
- Strong experience in various MS Office applications (Excel, Access, PPT, Word, Power BI, Power Apps, etc.)
- Experience in the railway industry or corresponding experience in a related field
- Experience in managing conflicting metrics such as transportation cost and material availability
- Familiarity with LEAN and Six Sigma concepts
- Familiarity with 49CFR DOT Hazardous Material transportation requirements
- Freedom and healthy work-life balance– Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, HSA/FSA, Commuter Benefits – starting Day 1
- Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, pioneering technological environment.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Please contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and positively impacting the community.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them! Please take advantage of our Tuition Reimbursement program, Mentor Programs, and your development through online learning.
- Employee perks and discounts in addition to our 401k match and generous Paid Time Off
- Diversity and inclusivity focused – Just named on the Forbes 2022 Best Employers for Diversity list!
While we appreciate all applications, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.